RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction Equipment (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   WELCOME TO THE ROCK FARM (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=1476)

Lil Giants 02-15-2011 11:22 PM

Re: WELCOME TO THE ROCK FARM

This dual esc is good for track drives. The 'mix' can be turned off so the esc's can be used individually. This dual esc is quite compact & robust.

This battle switch is a good on/off relay by remote.

Various motors, servos, electronic parts, ect Servo City

Operator 02-15-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Giants (Post 19481)
This dual esc is good for track drives. The 'mix' can be turned off so the esc's can be used individually. This dual esc is quite compact & robust.

This battle switch is a good on/off relay by remote.

Various motors, servos, electronic parts, ect Servo City

Thanks for the links!

I thinking of building 1/8 scale. That way I can fit this and an inverter in the engine compartment. No battery's!
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/w...image_4691.jpg
Matt

Lil Giants 02-15-2011 11:51 PM

Hmmm, well then, you'll be putting something other than cheese thru huh?! :D

Jared 02-16-2011 12:42 AM

Welcome, Matt. I'm looking forward to seeing this come together, too. Hey, are you 1hand over on home Model Engine Machinist?

Operator 02-16-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jared (Post 19489)
Welcome, Matt. I'm looking forward to seeing this come together, too. Hey, are you 1hand over on home Model Engine Machinist?

Yes sir. I can run, but not hide.;)

pugs 02-16-2011 11:55 AM

1/8 scale should make it an interesting build

Operator 02-16-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugs (Post 19508)
1/8 scale should make it an interesting build

1/8 scale opens up a lot of possibility's down the road for other machines. Using the HF small gen as the power plant, would be nice not having the mess with battery's. It would also open up other options, for electrical servo mounted actuators, instead of Hyd systems. Run times would be as long as you want, or at least til the fuel truck shows up.:D

This would be pushing the limits of my lathe and mill on a few parts, But I think it is do able.

Still looking at other options with the smaller 1:14 scale. Til I start making chips, It will still be up in the air. Getting a 350 lb 10 foot long machine in and out of the shop, poses for some defiant problems.

I want to build some sort of crushing plant for sure. Right now still going over different scenarios. I might just do a stationary plant, and concentrate on RC/ing a Loader or a hoe, for feeding it. That way I could do the 1:14 scale, and use a off site electricity to power an entire plant, and run indoors if needed, like for a show or something. I'm sure if I did something like that, I wouldn't have a problem finding someone here that wouldn't mind feeding it with there machines.:D

Just like anything I've done before, I run through all scenarios, head off in 10 different directions, till reality sets in, and figure the real game plan the day I start cutting metal.

Sorry I got you all lost, I've find the way sooner or later:confused:
Matt

pugs 02-16-2011 12:41 PM

Could always do 1/8th scale with tracks and RC movement and just have a 110VAC pigtail it drags around like the large mine shovels do.

9W Monighan 02-16-2011 12:46 PM

I like your idea. I know where you're coming from with a 10' long 350# machine to move:eek:. I have you beat 13' long 300+#:D
I think electric would be the best. then you could run indoors. Dust maybe a problem though:o may need a water mist to tame it and we could feed that plant with our machine.:cool:

Operator 02-16-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9W Monighan (Post 19513)
I like your idea. I know where you're coming from with a 10' long 350# machine to move:eek:. I have you beat 13' long 300+#:D
I think electric would be the best. then you could run indoors. Dust maybe a problem though:o may need a water mist to tame it and we could feed that plant with our machine.:cool:

I just checked out your thread. Awesome!

Decision's....Decision's....Decision's!!:D

russisloud 02-17-2011 10:32 PM

WOW! this could be very kool

Lil Giants 02-18-2011 01:34 AM

You could always use car batteries, marine batteries that would last longer than a tank gas & you wouldn't have the NOISE! :)

I hope you decide on a jaw crusher, then you could make two while you're at it. ;) :D

Operator 02-18-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Giants (Post 19635)
You could always use car batteries, marine batteries that would last longer than a tank gas & you wouldn't have the NOISE! :)

I hope you decide on a jaw crusher, then you could make two while you're at it. ;) :D

Why waste Gcode on just one:D