RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Euro Style Trucks and Trailers (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Carson Goldhofer (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=6207)

WhiteWolf McBride 02-19-2013 01:11 PM

Re: Carson Goldhofer

Hokay...

I've sent an e-mail to Tamiya USA, lets see if they clue on my Canadian phone # and refer me to those thieves at Borgfeldt Toys, or if they just answer my question.

I'll post a reply if they give me a size/weight on the shipping box.

WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf McBride 02-19-2013 03:06 PM

Hmmm, that was ~fast~...

Tamiya says: 41in. x 10in. x 4in., at a weight of 15 lbs.

So for any interested, thats the package they'll be sending if you order it from them.

Dunno how long they'll have it down at $609.99 USD with ~free~ CONUS S/H, but if you've been pondering it, I'd say grab it now!

PS: OW... online-calculator spits out $96.30 postage via Express Mail International. But Priority Mail International is $62.15 in-store, $57.18 online... thats not so bad...

I should still see how much they'd charge me direct from TamiyaUSA, seeing as they do the free CONUS thing and all; mebbe they'd do a better US-Cdn rate. Doesn't hurt to ask... right?

WhiteWolf McBride 04-27-2013 07:24 PM

Mo, how's the transport biz?

How's the wood on the trailer surviving with that Doosan crawling up and down 'em all the time? Just asking a veteran Goldie builder for tricks.

Why? My kit arrived Yesterday at the PO, and got it out of hock this aft (Thanks for the assist Willy!) though exchange rate was a killer.

Tips/tricks: Prime and paint before assembly? Prime, assemble, then paint?

And anyone else with a Goldie lowboy used electrics to actuate the ramps, and if so, ~please~ demonstrate on-cam? (most of the vids just show 'em going up and down, but not HOW to rig the mechanism!

Do we need another build thread on a Goldie, or should I take lotsa pics?

WhiteWolf,
anxious to just DIG IN and Make It.

Kaf343 06-01-2013 09:27 AM

Man I love this trailer, loader combo. The color is perfect and your detail is amaising.

Digger_Bear 11-19-2015 10:43 AM

Hi guys,

I know this is an old topic/post. But did you get to having remote working ramps?

I’ve just got myself the same trailer and searching on how to add lowering ramps.

Cheers

Cossett 11-20-2015 01:12 AM

Digger_Bear there are a few videos on youtub of how to lower the ramps with servos but it means making a larger hole in the back of the trailer for the sero arm to operate them as I was thinking about it when I finally painter my trailer a month or two back after having it for over 3 years, but I decided I would rather keep my tow hitch and have a use on of the small holes to run wiring for beacon that will be on the ramps when I get them.

Cheers Tracy