RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction Equipment (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   IH 350B Payhauler Truck (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=3833)

RCP57 01-28-2014 03:23 PM

Re: IH 350B Payhauler Truck

It's about time we got some updates!:jump:

Nice work! The glue trick does work well. I have used that myself recently.

Keep the updates coming....

kerst 01-29-2014 08:07 AM

Very nice!

Kerst

Lil Giants 01-29-2014 08:26 PM

HA! never knew the crazy glue trick before, I will definitely try it in the future. Great tip! :cool:

DADSGARAGE 01-01-2017 04:47 PM

Hope to see the soon too "retire guy" back at this build. Only three more days left, must be nice!!
Looking forward to seeing this build back on top of the list again!!
KP

sparkycuda 01-01-2017 06:26 PM

Thanks, KP. I've been walking by the Payhauler, dabbling a bit, making a drawing or two on items yet to do, and feeling frustrated not to have time for meaningful progress. So, after visiting the Cabin Fever Expo, I'm primed for some real work.

Ken

pontiacmann 01-02-2017 03:47 PM

:jaw::jaw: Looks great, very nice work

9W Monighan 01-03-2017 08:37 AM

Ken, Are you bringing the 350 to the show? I want to see it.

kerst 01-03-2017 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9W Monighan (Post 151662)
Ken, Are you bringing the 350 to the show? I want to see it.

I would like to see it too!

Kerst

scottyk 01-03-2017 04:50 PM

Looks great! I was just reading thru the thread and thought I would throw this idea out there although it is clearly too late. but I wonder if a spring from a recoil starter would work well to make your own leaf springs? I used some of this spring steel for other projects but you can get alot of it pretty cheap and in all kinds of thickness off of ebay or just put a ad on craigslist to find some small engines with a pull start.

sparkycuda 01-03-2017 05:12 PM

Wasn't planning on bringing the Payhauler to Cabin Fever, but I will. I had looked at various sources for the springs - leaf rake tines, spring steel from McMaster-Carr or other suppliers, clock springs - but had not considered a mower recoil spring. I think it could work. My first inclination is that recoil and clock springs are wound in a very tight circle and straightening them might be tedious, but not impossible. The banding material was handy to me and worked great.

Ken

frizzen 01-03-2017 07:55 PM

Rc RockCrawlers have been using nitro engine pullstart spirngs to make leaf springs for years. Mower and chainsaws springs are usually too stiff for on rigs in the 4-10 pound range, but might work for this.

9W Monighan 01-04-2017 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkycuda (Post 151676)
Wasn't planning on bringing the Payhauler to Cabin Fever, but I will. I had looked at various sources for the springs - leaf rake tines, spring steel from McMaster-Carr or other suppliers, clock springs - but had not considered a mower recoil spring. I think it could work. My first inclination is that recoil and clock springs are wound in a very tight circle and straightening them might be tedious, but not impossible. The banding material was handy to me and worked great.

Ken

"Work in Progress" are very welcome at this show. I hauled my dragline down there for almost 7 years before it did anything.