RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Central Plains Mini Truckers Club (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   St Louis (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=4900)

rockNmayhem 10-17-2012 10:30 PM

Re: St Louis

Ok, well it's coming down to the final hours tomorrow to get everything packed up and ready to go for this weekend. I am getting my necessary tools and parts all together but now I'm wondering how to transport my rigs.

I've never taken them anywhere before and I'm realizing the trunk of my new car is not the largest in the world to be fitting three large trucks and a tractor in along with all my extras.

So my question to some of you guys is how should I pack them in the car to haul? I've seen the pink foam boxes which would be great but the opening to the trunk is quite small so I don't think I can build an oversized box to fit inside.

I'm hoping someone can give me some ideas that I can do because otherwise I'm thinking it may just be a few blankets to pack them in so they don't move.

Thanks for any help guys.

Tyler

PROBUILDER1964 10-18-2012 12:27 AM

Wow Tyler...what the heck do ya have....a Yugo ? lol Yeah the blankets will work....but i would also use pillows all around the edges of the trunk to keep the rigs in the blankets from sliding back and forth...also maybe something soft on the truck floor and something soft to lay on top of everything? Can you pack the tractors and trailers separate from each other ? You dont want them coming lose and the trailers banging the **** out of the cabs ! The main thing is...you dont want anything moving around or anything that could come lose and beat the crap out of something else ! Hope everything goes well for you...and i will see you at the show Sat.and Sun.

rockNmayhem 10-18-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PROBUILDER1964 (Post 67729)
Wow Tyler...what the heck do ya have....a Yugo ? lol Yeah the blankets will work....but i would also use pillows all around the edges of the trunk to keep the rigs in the blankets from sliding back and forth...also maybe something soft on the truck floor and something soft to lay on top of everything? Can you pack the tractors and trailers separate from each other ? You dont want them coming lose and the trailers banging the **** out of the cabs ! The main thing is...you dont want anything moving around or anything that could come lose and beat the crap out of something else ! Hope everything goes well for you...and i will see you at the show Sat.and Sun.

Ha ha no Yugo here Rick. It's a brand new 2013 Mustang and it's much more stylish. I have plenty of trunk space to fit the rigs no doubt but adding in support and making sure nothing moves is gonna be my biggest concern for the trip.

I'm debating running to the local home depot tomorrow and grabbing some pink foam and making dividers for the trunk (custom fit so to speak) to where the trucks will sit in the trunk straight and the walls between them will protect anything from sliding into them.

I'm still too undecided yet, any other ideas out there? :confused:

Tyler

dabears 10-18-2012 02:00 PM

Bubble wrap ,duct tape, and pink board! And put the tractor in the back seat lol

woodhog 10-18-2012 09:26 PM

A cheap solution to your hauling problem is bath towels,especially those thick ones. Beats trying to build something last minute and pink foam still rubs the trucks or trailers;)

rockNmayhem 10-19-2012 01:03 AM

Well I've got the packing down no problem. LOTS OF BUBBLE WRAP!!!! Around the trucks and they should be good to go. This poor car is so loaded with trucks and parts it's prolly hating me at the moment. I'll be on the road soon headed to the show so good luck to everyone headed there and have a safe trip.

Tyler

Mama Sue 10-19-2012 05:42 AM

Hoping everyone has a great time at St Louis. Safe travels and Lots of fun...

pigeonfarmboy 10-19-2012 05:02 PM

Do not take 270-W!!!! Bridge is down to one lane. Joe and I have been sitting in traffic for the last hour+