RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ford VS Chevy.Now Spudd roast! (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=1975)

fhhhstix 04-24-2011 07:18 PM

Ford VS Chevy.Now Spudd roast!

OK why is tit when the new Camaro came out the magazines compared the SS version to the mustang GT and not the Cobra which is closer in HP and displacement. The magazines also picked a Dodge RT Challenger and not the SRT8 which is also closer in HP and displacement. The magazine was car and driver that has always been a Chevy fan but hay they aren't biased.:rolleyes:

Travis

will43209 04-24-2011 07:37 PM

Re: Ford Mustang VS Chevy Camaro

I think the Cobra's competition would be the Vette. The Cobra is their "street" supercar, outside of the Ford GT. I think they went by price on the comparison. The Vette will kill the Cobra, and its cheaper. In my opinion, on price and style and speed and options---Chevy's Rule! Why spend $80grand on a Ford Mustang, when it can't beat a $60grand Vette?

fhhhstix 04-24-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will43209 (Post 26211)
I think the Cobra's competition would be the Vette. The Cobra is their "street" supercar, outside of the Ford GT. I think they went by price on the comparison. The Vette will kill the Cobra, and its cheaper. In my opinion, on price and style and speed and options---Chevy's Rule! Why spend $80grand on a Ford Mustang, when it can't beat a $60grand Vette?

Leave price out of it the Cobra is still a mustang, and the Vette is not a Camaro and you are saying it is fair to put a 500HP Camaro up against a 300HP Mustang now come on.:rolleyes: Now if you want apples to apples lets put the Vette up against the Ford GT.:D

Travis

will43209 04-24-2011 08:13 PM

Well Ford should make a 500 hp Mustang in the same price range. Shelby GT's cost around $100grand, with a little more hp. I would put a Z06 Vette up against a Ford GT. They have almost the same hp, but the Vette is lighter. I bet it'll be close, and wouldn't cost over $100grand. The 2011 Zo6 Vette, all carbon fiber, 6 speed trans is $63grand. So, with price and performance--Chevy Rocks! :D

fhhhstix 04-24-2011 08:18 PM

I guess with a government hand out Chevy can keep their price down so look at it this way your tax money helped you by a cheaper car.:D

Travis

will43209 04-24-2011 08:26 PM

Cool! I'll take it! :) And will still beat a Mustang off the light! The SS is a 6 speed automatic. I can also shift it manually with the paddles on the wheel. I think Chevy has a better all around car.

ihbuilder 04-24-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fhhhstix (Post 26217)
I guess with a government hand out Chevy can keep their price down so look at it this way your tax money helped you by a cheaper car.:D

Travis

thats a good 1 :D I always thought GM = gov. motors :p:p:p:p:p:p oh wait a min . they're still making the vette and camaro :eek: I thought they only could make electric cars :eek::eek::eek: :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

will43209 04-24-2011 08:49 PM

I guess they said "Sike!". But all big businesses are hooked up with the government in some way. From tax breaks, to borrowing $$$. So in reality, as long as they pay taxes, and keep things "clean" on the outside--they can pretty much do what they want. :)

fhhhstix 04-24-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will43209 (Post 26218)
Cool! I'll take it! :) And will still beat a Mustang off the light! The SS is a 6 speed automatic. I can also shift it manually with the paddles on the wheel. I think Chevy has a better all around car.

An automatic!:rolleyes: I thought you said you had a sports car.:D All kidding aside the Camaro is a good car it is just a shame they took so long to bring it back after Ford release the new Stang for 2005, well at least Dodge took notice and released the Challenger. In 2006 when I bought by red Stang it was the only option and when I got the 2010 I couldn't beat the deal I got on it. My new Stang has every option but the convertible which I didn't want any way. I bought the 2010 in Aug of 09 and with my trade in and talking them down I got a fully loaded GT Premium for $19,000 and it listed for $35,000 so I didn't feel to bad about that. I had one thing going for me when I traded I wanted the new car but really didn't care if I got it unless they met my terms and after two weeks of the salesmen hounding me he realized that.:D

Travis

Travis

will43209 04-24-2011 09:19 PM

Good deal Travis! I paid $37 cash in April of 2010. My Dad told me about 15 years ago, "Son, if you can--Never have a car payment!" Well, once I understood what he was saying, and figured out how to do it--I'm glad to say I haven't had a car payment in over 10 years. My wifes mad right now, because she's making payments. When you add the car plus the interest, its like you're paying double. I just started buying cars, fixing them up and selling them for more than I paid for it. Even with my business, I did the same thing. All my trucks are paid for cash. I teach my kids the samething. It works for me. Man Travis, I forgot this is a scale semi truck forum! Ttyl. :D

fhhhstix 04-24-2011 09:24 PM

We can have fun and discus other stuff and the cars are part of our lives as well and as much as I love RC it is not the only thing I do for fun.

Travis

will43209 04-24-2011 09:31 PM

Me either. Heh heh heh. The Bud truck has been a welcomed friend at my house! Cheers:D

Bodyman 04-24-2011 09:37 PM

at least ford told the goverment to shove thier money up thier ash when they tried to tell themhow to run thier company. The GM bigwigs dont care about the company,they
still get there money. and gm still owes the govt. billions. Ford had his name at stake.
its his company. hey travis, i have a 08 GT convertible. i ordered it special. Everything
but heated seats since its stored in the winter. The manager at indy let me parked it out front last year. And for ten grand i can send it down to shelby and they can make it a shelby with 500 hp. 3 yrs od and only 5800 miles on it.

derailed 04-24-2011 09:54 PM

scared to drive it eh
i'll take the camaro thank you

ihbuilder 04-24-2011 09:54 PM

you guys can have your new 1's although that challenger catches my eye ;) a few changes and I'd have a new plymouth . I've talked about selling my "68" barracuda but wife said NO!! :eek::eek::D:D I had a "69" also but got tired of seeing it rusting away before I could get it built as a pro street :(

derailed 04-24-2011 10:00 PM

a challenger built up would look good and run top notch
but a mustang will always be the same
no use beating a dead horse, it won't do anything
i probably would like a new mustang if they changed it
it does have some promise, not alot but some

td9clyde 04-24-2011 10:01 PM

I have one lol first gen all wheel drive 4 cylinder turbo mitsubishi eclipse would beat both the vette and the mustang off the line bone stalk :D

ihbuilder 04-24-2011 10:05 PM

well the challenger is going to be in compitition with a VW tdi jet :( and beside my big dump didn't sell So over the next couple years I'll be adding some bling to it :eek::eek::D:D so cars are out for me . more likely machine tools :eek:

derailed 04-24-2011 10:07 PM

LOL
it may have bottom end but loses it top end
don't put anything past a turbo import tho
pocket rockets
lol

ihbuilder 04-24-2011 10:18 PM

glen , I'm talking practicality :( if my wife didn't drive 60 mi. 1 way to work I'd grab that challenger in a hart beat :D

will43209 04-24-2011 10:24 PM

160 miles one way? Mine would have a CDL! :) Mine drives 60 one way. That's a lot of miles every day. Wheeew! I'd be too tired to work when I got there! :D

ihbuilder 04-24-2011 10:41 PM

:o what the heck was I thinking Duh 60mi 1.5 hr drive I use to run it with truck and trailer + then haul stone all day then back to the house I do not miss it :eek:

derailed 04-24-2011 11:29 PM

lol
i'm looking at a mercedes as my next car
i can get the small ones new for $20,000
and the fuel savings
WOW!!!
ok so the nearest mechanic for benz is 250 miles from here, but what the heck
i'm saving up for it now
it will pay for itself in no time
people talk about power in a car
but todays gas prices, i look at total cost
low repairs and great fuel economy
now "THAT'S A CAR!"

will43209 04-24-2011 11:45 PM

In a way I agree with you. This car I have burns some gas, but I drive like a "Bat outta ****"! :) when the weathers nice, I have to fill up twice a week. And that's just city driving. I'll never drive it outta town. Too much in gas!

sparkycuda 04-24-2011 11:51 PM

So the "My car is better than your car!" arguments still go on. Was daily fare in the 60's and 70's, when you could start with a pretty fast ride, but had to build it better yourself. Today's cars are mostly store-bought and the government really cramps your style with what you cannot do to modify the engine or exhaust. I don't get much interested in today's discussions that revolve around factory-bought, HP vs $$, assembly-line cars. They are okay, they are fast, handle well, etc., but I don't think have any individuality.

I'll stick to my 67 Barracuda coupe, Hyper-pak Slant Six, 4-speed, quasi-Formula S - a combination that never existed from Chrysler. 'Course my boys tell me I'm just an Old Guy - but I can out-shift 'em in the quarter!

Ken

will43209 04-25-2011 12:27 AM

I'm old school too. 64 Implala. No new car can replace the true muscle cars!!!:D
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/...TExOC5qcGc.jpg
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/...TE0Ny5qcGc.jpg
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/...TExNi5qcGc.jpg

derailed 04-25-2011 01:06 AM

so true
the oldies are best no matter who made them
todays cookie cutter "so-called" sports cars are a laugh
i drive a buick
it has 4 wheels and an engine
gets by and very dependable
it helps that it has a supercharger
i use it on the highway alot and it's comfortable
it's as good at 60mph as it is when i run it at 90-100 mph
gets a bit thirsty at 100 tho
i had to go out of town for a meeting yesterday
i set my cruise at 95mph and let it go
no complaints
my friend said he would never try that with his mustang
wonder why

ihbuilder 04-25-2011 07:02 AM

Hey Ken " 68 " formula s 340 4 bl 4 speed stick all original :D

sparkycuda 04-25-2011 08:48 AM

Hey, Steve! Your 68 sounds like a great ride. There are at least a couple of Mopar heads in the crowd. Have quite a few here in southern Indiana because there was a really strong Dodge-Chrysler-Plymouth dealer in the area during the 60's through 80's. Since it's a more rural area many of the cars are still running around and people still building them.

Ken

Bodyman 04-25-2011 10:02 AM

hi derailed,
naw, just dont want to trash it with the ohio winter.
its just a toy. i did have it up to 110 on SR 76

td9clyde 04-25-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derailed (Post 26254)
LOL
it may have bottom end but loses it top end
don't put anything past a turbo import tho
pocket rockets
lol

you usually get them to 70 mph in second gear they usually top out at 135 140 on the top end unless you do a lil woprk to them then you get all kinds of crazy speed outta those import cars lol :D i would be willin to give ol Travis a run against his mustang when i get my lil ricer car back lol I only have a lil 4 cylinder and only pushin 225 hp one lil quarter mile run lol :D:D

td9clyde 04-25-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will43209 (Post 26281)

I used to have a 56 ford puck up truck that was that pretty nuder the hood I had a 351 w in it ....ford the real power!!!!!!!:D :D sorry hadda say it but that is one nice impala in those pics

will43209 04-25-2011 03:50 PM

Thanks td9clyde! It has a C05 small block Vette motor with cold air intake system on it. A lot of billet and chrome parts, shifter on the floor. Custom trunk, fiberglass dash and full Air ride. Its getting Gator seats, and new wider rims now. Those are 22" Asanti rims. 8s in the front, 10s in the back. I'm puttin 22x11.5 in the rear. This don't hit the freeway, but I did 173mph in the SS on SR 104. Not many cops out there. I had to back off of her, because I got nervous! It has 220 on the dash. I'll never red-line that car--NEVER! :D

td9clyde 04-25-2011 05:56 PM

lol :D

fhhhstix 04-25-2011 06:24 PM

2010 GT with plenty of power and 25mpg having fun and 30mpg on the high way not bad for a 315hp V8!!!

Travis

mazdaparts 04-25-2011 11:55 PM

I love these debates. You never can convince the ford guys that chevys or mopars are better and the ford guys can't get nothing through the other moron's heads. LMAO.

Any one catch the latest Forbes magazine worst car list? Ford was the only one of the big three that didn't have a vehicle on the list. Hmmmm wonder why that is?

To be completely honest, I'm a ford guy through and through, but all makes and models have their problems. Some are minor others aren't. I know from my experience the new camaro looks ok from the outside but the inside is butt ugly and the windshield is so short. The mustang is just the total package, looks, power, fun and a decent price.

td9clyde 04-26-2011 05:57 PM

i like anything that runs and drives lmao

spudd 04-26-2011 07:50 PM

i have been in the automotive business for more then 25 years and the one thing i can tell you is what ever someone has seams to be the best there is!!!!!!!!!! i think they all have there faults and positives....... i work on everything out there and have seen it all as far as how a automobile or truck is put together and there isn't one that you can say is better then the other.they all have there problems.......but that's a good thing otherwise we wouldn't have anything to ***** about.
i personally like general motors the best just because the way they build there bodies compared to anything else.BUT!!!!!!!! i dont think they are the best

thanks for the input guys it has made for some good reading LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Romelio 04-27-2011 08:06 AM

09 pontiac g8 gt. I love my 4 door sedan with a 6.0L v8. Looking to buy a brand new 2010 Nissan gtr after my wedding.. wife already agreed to it before hand so I'm good..

td9clyde 04-27-2011 09:13 PM

skyline?????? if so your one lucky dude