RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Get it out of your system! HERE! (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Always shop around before buying! (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=5664)

Supermario 11-27-2012 02:29 PM

Always shop around before buying!

I needed to get some servo wire extensions recently. So I just went to the tower hobbies site to place a order for some . I've dealt with them many times, always happy with what they offer.... Until NOW!
When I found the extensions I needed I kinda choked at the price of 14 bucks for a simple extension wire:eek: I should have stopped right there and did some surfing and find a better price but, I got lazy and just bought them.:(
Today, I happened to be on the RC4WD site and what did I see? The exact same length extensions for 3.99 !!!:eek::eek:

It was a hard pill to swallow when I had to pay 14 bucks each for 3.
Now I see I could've got them for 4 bucks, I'm choking on that freakin pill!

Always, always.... Shop around before you buy!!
And, impatience cost cash!!

Mario

bigford 11-27-2012 03:10 PM

Re: Always shop around before buying!

Return them unless your rich!!

civic83 11-27-2012 03:29 PM

if you deal with hobbyking they are even less, we usually order them 25 at a time....

Claus 11-27-2012 03:37 PM

servowires.com Try them, I bought from them for $4.00 and some change.

Supermario 11-27-2012 04:08 PM

Thanks for the site links guys and suggestions. I finally created a folder where I keep all website links to all the places I've found or see posted on the site. With a short note describing what they offer.... One stop shopping . My own library if you will. Something I should have started long ago.

Mario

dabears 11-27-2012 05:11 PM

I have 50 links to different places for different things. Makes it way easier! I'd return them then buy the other ones.

Radio Control Trucker 11-28-2012 12:01 AM

When I find interesting links, I just add them to my "favorites" on my 'net tool-bar with a note to myself to remind me what the link is. :) Saves me a lot of time. :D

I also write them into a booklet to keep a hard-copy in case the computer crashes. :D :eek: :D

I always double check prices on parts, oil, paints, etc.. on Ebay U.S., Ebay CA, and Ebay UK. :D :cool: :D (you never know what's available out there). :p

- RCT

edwalsh18 11-28-2012 12:08 AM

Hmmm.... Sounds like you guys are being stingy! :p :D

Hehe sounds like you guys need to SHARE! Post them here!

... Or start a new thread?

deduce25 11-28-2012 12:23 AM

+1 on the favorites sharing.

I just messed up and spent more on a 65t motor on ebay than if I just bought it from rc4wd.:mad::mad::mad:

Lil Giants 11-28-2012 01:39 AM

Don't sweat the small stuff... makes for happier living. :)

Buying one piece here & another from somewhere else...cost of shipping will eat up the savings!!!

Buy servo wire in 20ft rolls to make your own extensions when necessory. Think in bulk & inventory the extras for future projects. ;)

Radio Control Trucker 11-28-2012 01:53 AM

That's a nice thought, but it isn't always wire that you want or need. Tires, axles, and other items for the truck are needed from time-to-time. :D:D

It's good to know where to get the best deals on-line and at the local hobby shops. I save money where I can just so I can afford our hobby. :) :D :)

- RCT

rcman 11-28-2012 04:52 AM

that sucks! most of the time tower is priced pretty good. but your right it pays to shop around for sure thanks for the links

1985 kenworth 11-28-2012 11:49 AM

That works if you are really saving money you could find an item here at this store for $6 and find the same item at another store for $4 but yet you burn $10 fuel to go to the store thats cheaper...hmmm...guys i know you buy online this is just an example only:D

ihbuilder 11-28-2012 01:34 PM

I always shop around ;) but I also factor in the shipping , exchange rate , and markup after exchange rate ;)

edwalsh18 11-28-2012 03:42 PM

i was shopping around for styrene and found it for $25 for a 4'x8' sheet @ 1/16" thick is that a good deal? he said if i buy in bulk i could get them for $21. this is picked up so no shipping fees. this is from a plastic supplier. also is all styrene the same? or does it differ supplier to supplier?

1985 kenworth 11-28-2012 04:49 PM

Same here:)

BRICKNICK 11-28-2012 05:06 PM

I'm also interested in a "post up your favorite parts links" thread......c'Mon fellas share your secret sources LOL

Supermario 11-28-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRICKNICK (Post 71429)
I'm also interested in a "post up your favorite parts links" thread......c'Mon fellas share your secret sources LOL

I was not a happy camper when I posted this thread and was feeling ripped off and not impressed.... Very glad I did though, thanks to advice from the group,tower hobbies will take them back and will give store credit ( I'm ok with that, money better spent on something else in the future)

What I think is really cool is the fact that I post a thread of a bad experience and within a matter of days a lot of people have shown a positive good side and outcome to this. Joe says it best, the more you share, the more you get:)

I think edwalsh18 has a great idea, a favorite links thread? Or would the forum get in trouble for having something like that?

Mario

powerstroke_1999 11-29-2012 05:41 PM

I feel your pain man I got shafted by bikebandit baught a recoil starter cover and gasket for my atv.They sent me a email saying the cover is backordered but we upgraded your shipping for free.The gasket cost $6.40 they said the shipping was upgraded for free $7.36 for shipping for a gasket that can fit in envelope.The box was huge you could fit a ton of stuff in it.So I called them and remed them a new a$$ I said how can you charge $7 for shipping for a gasket that cost $$6 they said that's what we charge I said no that's how you ___ people they said have a nice day sir.My original order was $26.73 for both parts shipping was $6.97 for both parts.Like you said shop around before you buy never again will I buy from them that really made me mad.