RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction Equipment Tech (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   building bulldozer help (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=12071)

Efroeh 11-20-2016 11:03 PM

building bulldozer help

Hello fellow members,
I've been throwing around the idea of building a dozer for myself. I am by no means a machinist or have any machines to help with it ( mill or lathe) just basic hand tools and lots of time for trial and error. what I am concerned is if its possible to build hydraulic rams from scratch with basic hand tools? Also is there a place to buy the rollers that would be needed for the tracks? Also is there a place to purchase the chain from? I seen some amazing builds on this site from everything being hand built and it amazes me how some of you can build this. And by no means do I expect anything close to some of these builds but I would like one that can actually move some dirt and enjoy. Or should I go a simpler route and run actuonix (fergeli) actuators for the blade and ripper? Any advice or links would be greatly appreciated.
Also I could go a simpler route with buying a dozer from rc4wd I have the excavator already is a decent machine for the money, But there's nothing like building something that's in your head and can use.
Any advice would be appreciated good or bad.
Thanks,
Evan

SteinHDan 11-22-2016 03:33 AM

Re: building bulldozer help

Hi Evan,

You can find lots of chains on Amazon and Ebay. If you buy a standard chain with attachments (k1 / k2 / w1) you don't have to weld on the ears on the chain.

For example these ones from Amazon (price per meter):
- 1M 06B K1 attachments
- 1M 08B K1 attachments

and wide ones with two holes:

- 1M 06B K2 attachments
- 1M 08B K2 attachments

And then you can find matching idlers, sprockets and rollers in the same series, e.g. 08B in the example chain above. Just search for "sprocket 08B".

- 08B sprockets on Amazon
- 08B idler sprockets

Bxx is the british standard. The other main standard is ANSI I believe. For example ANSI #35 is a chain size. You can get an overview of what they have if you just search for roller chain:

- Roller chains on Amazon

Best regards,
Stein :-)

Efroeh 11-22-2016 08:36 AM

Thanks Stein I never knew those prices were per meter appreciate it.

Efroeh 11-22-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteinHDan (Post 150590)
Hi Evan,

You can find lots of chains on Amazon and Ebay. If you buy a standard chain with attachments (k1 / k2 / w1) you don't have to weld on the ears on the chain.

For example these ones from Amazon (price per meter):
- 1M 06B K1 attachments
- 1M 08B K1 attachments

and wide ones with two holes:

- 1M 06B K2 attachments
- 1M 08B K2 attachments

And then you can find matching idlers, sprockets and rollers in the same series, e.g. 08B in the example chain above. Just search for "sprocket 08B".

- 08B sprockets on Amazon
- 08B idler sprockets

Bxx is the british standard. The other main standard is ANSI I believe. For example ANSI #35 is a chain size. You can get an overview of what they have if you just search for roller chain:

- Roller chains on Amazon

Best regards,

I see none of those ship to Canada hope I can get it locally.

SteinHDan 11-22-2016 09:39 AM

He he, yes, that's not easy to deduce. The only hint is in a comment on the very bottom:

Quote:

Question: What is the length of the chain for that price
Answer: Hello
the price is per meter. If you need 3 meters for example you have to fill in quantity 3.
By MÄDLER GMBH Germany manufactur… SELLER on January 21, 2015
Also remember to buy connecting links if you buy such a chain. They too need to have attachments (k1 / k2 / w1 / w2) if you chose attachments on your chain.
For example:
- 08 B-1-K1 connecting link

j_hammer 11-22-2016 02:39 PM

there is a company in BC that sells the #35 chain with the k1 attachments on every other link it what I used when I converted my ertl diecast dozer. any local farm supply shop have sprockets. for a first build with out machine tools the fergeli actuators would be the best bet.