RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Get it out of your system! HERE! (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   YouTube and a shady business. (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=10553)

fhhhstix 07-28-2015 09:09 PM

YouTube and a shady business.

These guys bought Johns roll off repainted it replaced the aluminum with stock parts and took credit for building it. I built the truck and know I built. They also have a video of it before they reworked it.

What I built and John painted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Zm0VGjF_A

What they did to it but still the same truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lBkWNKUZgw

Well I guess if they feal good about their self.

Travis

The Wurst 07-28-2015 09:26 PM

Re: YouTube and a shady business.

Thanks for bringing that to light. I have went in and left a comment on the You Tube video expressing my displeasure of what they have done. I encourage others to do the same to support you. The more exposure to the theft the better.

Supermario 07-28-2015 09:31 PM

Unbelievable! should I attach a video in the comments of the original truck at the 2012 Indy show? ....some people...:mad:

Bo Wallen 07-28-2015 10:01 PM

That's bad.....Super bad. Went in and left a comment on the You Tube video expressing my displeasure.........grrrr

bigford 07-28-2015 10:04 PM

when did john sell the truck??

jack van 07-29-2015 12:33 AM

lol left a nice message lol

Radio Control Trucker 07-29-2015 12:35 AM

Travis, You should go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lBkWNKUZgw and below his video is a description, just below that is a "more" button. Press it and then press on the "Report" button. The list allows you to pick "Spam or Misleading". Choose this and state your case directly to YouTube and they'll probably pull his video.

This is probably the solution you are looking for. :D

- RCT

PACT 07-29-2015 03:33 AM

First time I saw this truck!

That is defently not right! Your truck was way cooler than his version of it....!!

Brel 07-29-2015 05:22 AM

just reported the video as Spam and misleading

F@@@ing rip off merchants

flatdeck 07-29-2015 07:45 AM

I wonder what the Pete body will show up on????

Wayne

ihbuilder 07-29-2015 08:09 AM

I know the story behind it :( but the guy should be saying he rebuilt it . :confused:

Izzy 07-29-2015 12:37 PM

It's total crap Travis. (them stealing your work, the work itself is still amazing).

Cooper 07-29-2015 01:37 PM

That isn't cool to be stating an original build, hope somebody doesn't actually want them to replicate a build and then having them not be able to deliver. I ask them a question along those lines to help in the comments :)

fhhhstix 07-29-2015 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radio Control Trucker (Post 129954)
Travis, You should go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lBkWNKUZgw and below his video is a description, just below that is a "more" button. Press it and then press on the "Report" button. The list allows you to pick "Spam or Misleading". Choose this and state your case directly to YouTube and they'll probably pull his video.

This is probably the solution you are looking for. :D

- RCT

I did that as soon as I seen it which was last week but I have not heard anything back yet.

fhhhstix 07-29-2015 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooper (Post 129976)
That isn't cool to be stating an original build, hope somebody doesn't actually want them to replicate a build and then having them not be able to deliver. I ask them a question along those lines to help in the comments :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 129969)
It's total crap Travis. (them stealing your work, the work itself is still amazing).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihbuilder (Post 129963)
I know the story behind it :( but the guy should be saying he rebuilt it . :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brel (Post 129957)
just reported the video as Spam and misleading

F@@@ing rip off merchants

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack van (Post 129953)
lol left a nice message lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo Wallen (Post 129951)
That's bad.....Super bad. Went in and left a comment on the You Tube video expressing my displeasure.........grrrr

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermario (Post 129948)
Unbelievable! should I attach a video in the comments of the original truck at the 2012 Indy show? ....some people...:mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wurst (Post 129946)
Thanks for bringing that to light. I have went in and left a comment on the You Tube video expressing my displeasure of what they have done. I encourage others to do the same to support you. The more exposure to the theft the better.

Thanks guys.

up9018 07-29-2015 10:03 PM

A-holes everywhere!

The origional truck looked MUCH MUCH better. Nice work on it.

BRICKNICK 08-03-2015 06:31 PM

I was at Jon's house a few times and have seen this truck before, he sold the chassis apparently to hobbymasters, they are a local bobbby shop in red bank nj where Jon used to order a lot of stuff including kits. When I went in there for rc truck stuff, they stock nothing. So for them to claim they built it is ridiculously misleading. Travis did an awesome job on this truck and Jon did his usual outstanding peterbilt finishing work. The cab and all the chrome dipped aluminum parts last I talked to Jon were on a shelf in his garage and he was attempting to sell it. But was unsure if he wanted to totally sell it. I will say hobby master has been around a very long time and have a very good reputation but I'm completely disappointed in this move on there part. I know Jon pretty well and have since lost touch with him, but I know Travis and Jon built that truck which was the first of its kind and was one bad looking Pete, but it was parted for reasons that are private. I Wil be leaving a comment on the video stating there truth and telling them they are wrong for claiming to have built someone's else's custom build.

BRICKNICK 08-03-2015 06:33 PM

Btw the first video of the truck running I believe is in hobbymasters in the rc department on the glass display case.

Claus 03-03-2016 09:13 AM

Whatever happened to John? Loved his work. He made the stacks on my Wedico Pete.

speedy8305 03-03-2016 03:24 PM

Hey the "original" truck was way better than that knock off that they say they built and Travis I saw your work through stylins thread and your work is awesome the funny thing is they tried to call it a custom build but we all know the real minds behind the custom aspect of the whole build.