RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   FreddyGearDrive (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Our forum and hobby has suffered a great loss!! (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=3447)

heavy_duty 12-20-2011 10:24 PM

Re: Our forum and hobby has suffered a great loss!!

Freddy was one of those guys who if you met him once,you would never forget him.I thank GOD for the time we had with this great man,friend,and builder.God bless Freddy's family.

Ed

Bsorenson79 12-20-2011 10:32 PM

I just wanna give my condolences to all of Freddy's family and friends. I really regret not coming out to a show to meet you guys including Freddy. I never really got to know Freddy. I actually just placed a order with him a week or so ago, and just that little bit of contact I knew he was a very nice,special kinda guy. I really wish I got to know him like you guys did!
R.I.P. FREDDYGEARDRIVE

Dreamweaver 12-20-2011 10:41 PM

I really suck at things like this so I will just say Rest In Peace Freddy.

I have had the opportunity to talk with Freddy a few times on the phone, I have traded several constructive PM's with him and unfortunately one destructive one. I truly regret the problems I caused for Freddy, but in the end, being the gracious person he is, he not only allowed me back on the forum, he told me as far as he was concerned "Nothing Happened".

He will truly be missed.

~Mike~

pigeonfarmboy 12-20-2011 10:52 PM

Terrible news. I just spoke with him on the phone on Saturday and he sounded great and upbeat! My condolences to his family and friends. He will certainly be greatly missed.

SmallHaul 12-20-2011 11:02 PM

Wow, I don't know what to say...52 so young..full of ambition, creativity.. mentally strong, smart...Rest in peace Fred. You will be greatly missed. Wow.

Trucker47 12-20-2011 11:07 PM

What a shock! I remember talking to him not to long ago about designing some pumps, I always loved his builds they were none less than spectacular. RIP Freddy, You brought wealth's of knowledge to me and the forum, you will be missed.

Chris

RattleKan 12-20-2011 11:34 PM

I am new to the forum and ironically the only person I spoke to on this forum was Fred. He was going to sell me some frame rails for a trailer. I didn't know Fred as well as everyone else but he treated me like I was one of the regulars. I am shocked as everyone else and RIP Fred and I will be praying for his family. There is never a good time of the year for tragedy but this time of year has got to be the worse. I hope that this forum keeps going strong if anything in memory of Fred. I believe that is what he would want everyone to do.

AZLIGHTNING 12-20-2011 11:34 PM

Wow, I am shocked and sadened by this news my thoughts and Prayers to Freddy's Family. you will be greatly missed.

pugs 12-20-2011 11:41 PM

Was not expecting that at all. My condolences to FGD's family, he will be missed around here.

sneff 12-21-2011 12:23 AM

When I heard the horrible news yesterday at work I was in shock. Immediatly I thought of all you guys here on the forum and how badly everyone would be devastated!!
I spoke with Sheilla this morning and it was so surreal that we were having the conversation that we did.
Thank you Travis for posting the kind words about Freddy because I dont know that I could have done it.
Freddy and I were very close and spent many hours together throwing ideas back and forth. Most of the time i would bust his balls critiquing his latest build even though I would be completley amazed at what he had just accomplished.
The last time he called me about his street sweeper project he was trying to figure out the vacuum and I just blurted out "grab Sheilas dust buster and rip the vac out of it!!" I guess I owe Sheila a new dust buster lol
I think Freddy was really just getting started in this hobby and he was getting better and better every project that he did.
I'm honored to have been his close friend and got the privilage of going to Indy twice with him. (Imagine trying to concentrate on the road with FGD yelling in your ear) lol!!!
You'll be missed by everyone Freddy R.I.P.

Cossett 12-21-2011 12:47 AM

RIP freddy you were a great friend and always good for a laugh we will surely miss you colour full language and you talent for building and ball busting around here..
Your legacy is this great place you created that brings us all together....
RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Cheers Tracy and Sally

nenard 12-21-2011 01:22 AM

I had the pleasure of speaking with Fred a few times. By the second conversation he was ball bustin. Great guy, great mind for the hobby. I really appreciate that he took time to talk. Not tryin to sell me anything just explain what went into some builds and give me ideas. Text him and he'd say call cause its to much to explain flippin texting. Truly missed.

glorydays24 12-21-2011 01:27 AM

I don't know what can be said that hasn't already. I talked to Freddy a couple times on the phone, and he treated me like a person, no rush to get the order and then shove me off. Freddy had an excellent personality, since of humor, and talent and passion for these r/c trucks.
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
I am so sadend by the news, I have a lump in my throat.
Why does it seem all the good people leave to early.
Freddy, I will miss you my friend, you will not be forgotten.
GOD BLESS YOU FREDDYGEARDRIVE

Big John

M.Fischersworring 12-21-2011 06:51 AM

I do not know what to say.
My thoughts and prayers to his Family and all his Friends.
Its a great loss for the RC Hobby and a great loss for this Forum.
Rest in Peace FGD,we will miss you.
Michael

doodlebug 12-21-2011 08:00 AM

My condolences go out to Freddy's family. RIP Friend!
Neil.

Claus 12-21-2011 08:11 AM

What can you say but Freddy was cool. There is a lot of talent on this board but I don't think anybody matched his ideas or creativity. He will always be missed.

woodhog 12-21-2011 08:27 AM

Rip Freddy,my thoughts and prayers to all his family and friends ,and his ex family . He definitely will be missed .

diesel950 12-21-2011 08:52 AM

RIP FGD from us on the west coast down under

YoungGunz 12-21-2011 09:15 AM

This really caught me off guard, I didn't even know the guy and my heart sank when i read this..... I never had the opportunity to meet Freddy or to even talk with him. I know that from his builds and his generosity of creating this forum for all of us here, he was truly a great guy. His family and friends will be in my prayers, Rest in Peace.

Stuff 12-21-2011 09:22 AM

oh my... i dunno what to say. Freddy was awesome!! he went out above and beyond what anyone would do for his hobbies and for his friends!

ill look at my plow he sold me and always remember him :_(