RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Highway Trucks and Trailers (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   My Dump Trailer (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=283)

JAMMER 08-24-2010 06:45 PM

My Dump Trailer

Well men I went to pick up the bent metal for my dump trailer today and got all the way home before I realized that the stainless sides weren't bent right they had a lip over the top edge but none on the bottom so I called the gentlemen and he said to bolt the tub and bottom together and bring it back to him and he would bent the sides over. If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any. Ed

SonoranWraith 08-24-2010 07:20 PM

Re: My Dump Trailer

It's always the details. Darn little things are the frustrating ones. Look forward to seeing the trailer regardless.

Brian in PA 08-24-2010 08:22 PM

You have all the bad luck Ed. It' ll come together!

Brian

JAMMER 08-24-2010 08:23 PM

Thanks a lot it shouldn't be to long I just have to make the side ribs that go between the inner tub and the stainless skin. Yes thanks Brian I always say if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any. Ed

FreddyGearDrive 08-24-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMMER (Post 2815)
Well men I went to pick up the bent metal for my dump trailer today and got all the way home before I realized that the stainless sides weren't bent right they had a lip over the top edge but none on the bottom so I called the gentlemen and he said to bolt the tub and bottom together and bring it back to him and he would bent the sides over. If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any. Ed

Ed,Might want to bring a caliper & tape measure w/yu next time. I don't know how many more parts there makin for yu.If it's a lot,you best get used to it not fittin on the first shot. Or there will be a few that are perfect & then the rest suck.
Good luck Ed!
FGD

JAMMER 08-25-2010 10:09 AM

Thanks Fred It turned out great all except for the outer stainless skin they made a lip on one edge but not the other, the top bad bottom. Just as soon as I get the tub and side stakes bolted to the frame they will remake them. Ed

rcguyfarms 08-25-2010 03:57 PM

Please post pics of the dump trailer build when u can.

JAMMER 09-08-2010 04:20 PM

Well here is another report on the dump trailer. I broke the frame work under the box so had to get another one water jetted. I have been milling the pieces that go between the inner and outer walls of the trailer. Now I have to mark and drill and tap all of them. I have to take it back to the shop that bent the metal because they made the inner tub of the trailer to wide. Now when I bring it to him there will be no guess work and he can bend the tub and the stainless sides. Ed

Thorsteenster 09-08-2010 04:35 PM

Yeah, I'd like to see some pics too.
Who is doing the bending, is it just a local fab shop, or do they specialize/have experience in RC trucks?

JAMMER 09-08-2010 09:22 PM

The people that are bending it is a local fab shop. Ed

FreddyGearDrive 09-10-2010 08:24 PM

PICS! ED! PICS! We need pics! I just can't feel your pain w/out PICS!
BUT! Will say,I know where your at. Be tough! You will win! I HOPE!!:D:D
FGD

JAMMER 09-10-2010 11:13 PM

Fred give up you should know better by now I'll get it just takes time trying to set up the excavator got my radio back from Airtronics. There is one bright light the tail gate is all most done. Ed

fhhhstix 09-10-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMMER (Post 5607)
Fred give up you should know better by now I'll get it just takes time trying to set up the evacuator got my radio back from Airtronics. There is one bright light the tail gate is all most done. Ed

What the hec is an evacuator.:confused: I thought we were looking for pic's of this mystry trailer.:p:D

CatdrvR 09-11-2010 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fhhhstix (Post 5611)
What the hec is an evacuator.:confused:

Ahh man... you just gave me a good chuckle. I am dying for pictures like everyone else. These threads of yours which give so much info but lack pictures are killer! We all on the edge of our seats wondering what new thing you have up your sleeves.

Dan

Brian in PA 09-11-2010 08:42 AM

I think Ed meant excavator?

Brian

JAMMER 09-11-2010 09:11 AM

There you go Brian at least someone is awake. Ed:D

fhhhstix 09-11-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian in PA (Post 5627)
I think Ed meant excavator?

Brian

:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMMER (Post 5628)
There you go Brian at least someone is awake. Ed:D

I just wanted to clare it up so half the newbies on here are not googleing evacuator to try and figure out what it is.:D

JAMMER 09-11-2010 06:50 PM

I wish someone would pay Attention, by the way my name is Attention but no one has paid yet. Attenti:D:confused:on

ihbuilder 09-11-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMMER (Post 5665)
I wish someone would pay Attention, by the way my name is Attention but no has paid yet. Attenti:D:confused:on

you cracker :p hehhehheh now check your 6 driiiverrr someone will be on yer back doooor if we don't see dem dar pics :p you know how them pic bears are :p

JAMMER 09-11-2010 08:15 PM

That's all they have to do is PAY ATTENTION. I'm waiting. Attention:confused::eek: