RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Welcome New Members (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New from pa (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=3293)

66valiant408 11-29-2011 12:12 PM

New from pa

Hi all Been out of rc for a few years and am just getting back into it. I just ordered my first rig. A scania r 470. Much rather have a king hauler or globe liner but the price was right. Ive been looking over some of everyones build and wow are they nice. Im a drag racer by heart but have grown up around construction equipment and big rigs so i fiqured i would never own my own "real life" equipment so i have fun with these. For anyone in pa i live in birdsboro between reading and pottstown so if anyone wants to meet up over the winter that would be cool. Like i say ive had rc cars before but nothing like these tamiya and wedico trucks so ill probably have a lot of questions. Thanks Matt

ihbuilder 11-29-2011 12:28 PM

Re: New from pa

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66valiant408 (Post 41727)
Hi all Been out of rc for a few years and am just getting back into it. I just ordered my first rig. A scania r 470. Much rather have a king hauler or globe liner but the price was right. Ive been looking over some of everyones build and wow are they nice. Im a drag racer by heart but have grown up around construction equipment and big rigs so i fiqured i would never own my own "real life" equipment so i have fun with these. For anyone in pa i live in birdsboro between reading and pottstown so if anyone wants to meet up over the winter that would be cool. Like i say ive had rc cars before but nothing like these tamiya and wedico trucks so ill probably have a lot of questions. Thanks Matt

welcome Matt , I've done alot of work down your way . if your interested east cost mini truckers is having a meet at cabin fever expo with some of us construction guys in york , PA in january , come on down . heres the club schedule http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...0813#post40813

cabrover 11-29-2011 04:20 PM

Welcome Matt, I live in the western part of the state around clarion. We always have fun at the meets, keep us posted on the build!!:cool:

Tim

66valiant408 11-29-2011 05:24 PM

I did see the meet at york coming up and am hopong to make it out there. It will probably be my only chance to make a meet. I have a busy schedule when race season starts. I will keep everyone posted on the build... But im a little confused on the radio's i can and cant use. I bought the scania used and only 80 percent done with a futaba skysport 4. I will see in a few days how much of a basket case it will be. I really would like to build a mack R model but cant seem to find a cab in 1/14 scale. Im am hoping to make it to the cabin fever meet in york tho to get some ideas on what to do and how to do them. From what i have seen on this forum everyone is very helpful.

ihbuilder 11-29-2011 05:43 PM

the R model cab is not produced in 1:14 scale couple have been scratched built . I'm thinking about making 1 as a coal bucket some day .

66valiant408 11-29-2011 07:26 PM

Oo thank you Im not very good at scratch building anymore. Used to scratchbuild 1/24 drag slot cars but its been a while with them too The company my dad works for used to have an r model that they hauled office trailers oround with and i jus loved the truck ever since i was real little. Looks like ill have to look into building theyre new truck pete 379 long frame day cab with lift axle. Thank you for the info about the r model saves me alot of time

ihbuilder 11-29-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66valiant408 (Post 41750)
Oo thank you Im not very good at scratch building anymore. Used to scratchbuild 1/24 drag slot cars but its been a while with them too The company my dad works for used to have an r model that they hauled office trailers oround with and i jus loved the truck ever since i was real little. Looks like ill have to look into building theyre new truck pete 379 long frame day cab with lift axle. Thank you for the info about the r model saves me alot of time

who's is it ?

66valiant408 11-29-2011 08:08 PM

The pete? Gordon H Baver contractors in pennsburg pa

ihbuilder 11-29-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66valiant408 (Post 41762)
The pete? Gordon H Baver contractors in pennsburg pa

I thought it was 1 of the local guys like empire , H&K ,Schlouch

66valiant408 11-29-2011 09:52 PM

Oo na I have friends who work for them tho.

Dreamweaver 11-30-2011 01:47 AM

Welcome to the board Matt.