RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction Equipment (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   dresser TD40B dozer (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=761)

ihbuilder 10-25-2010 08:07 PM

dresser TD40B dozer

yes another build I'm starting :rolleyes: well it will be a slow start and quick finnish . this time I decided to collect all the parts first then build to cut down on the redo time like the pans :mad: not a lot of functional probs just a lot of little things that bother me :( . So here's a cardboard drawing to somewhat scale of 1:13/1:14 (trying to get the most power pact into it as close to scale as possible ) so don't hold your breath on this 1 It will take awhile :( maybe :D

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/z...r/PIC_0559.jpg

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/z...r/PIC_0555.jpg

IHSteve

td9clyde 10-25-2010 08:26 PM

Re: dresser TD40B dozer

I would find a good side on veiw pic and blow it up to the scale you want then you can make easy patterns but what you have is a good start keep it up and you will have another great build

sparkycuda 10-25-2010 09:17 PM

Great to see this dozer being built. If you need reference material, let me know and I'll see what I can get for you. The distributor I work for carried IH Construction since 1925 - probably have access to most all published materials.

Ken

SmallHaul 10-25-2010 09:34 PM

Looks like a fun build.

Good luck!

RAIDERS 10-25-2010 09:36 PM

NICE START!!!!!

ihbuilder 10-25-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkycuda (Post 9495)
Great to see this dozer being built. If you need reference material, let me know and I'll see what I can get for you. The distributor I work for carried IH Construction since 1925 - probably have access to most all published materials.

Ken

ken , what would be a real help is a brochure on the pay scraper 433 . I have the parts book but it sucks for giving dimensions

thanks Clyde , this works well for me as long as I got some dimensions to go by . I've been itching to do this for some time . If goes well , I'll do a cat also . I think I might run out of scrap till I'm done building :eek:

IHSteve

Espeefan 10-27-2010 12:30 AM

Wow. That's a huge machine! I didn't realize the weight and hp! Should be an interesting build to watch. You sure keep busy. I don't know where you find the time for all your builds!

ihbuilder 10-27-2010 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Espeefan (Post 9613)
Wow. That's a huge machine! I didn't realize the weight and hp! Should be an interesting build to watch. You sure keep busy. I don't know where you find the time for all your builds!

the 40 is like between a D10 and D11 . As for time , nate , I just came up from the shop :p couldn't sleep so I went to work :D and what a productive time it was :D:D:D I just about have a pump , got to bolt the segments together and pressure test ;) . OH keeping busy keeps me sane LOL ( blankety econ. :mad: )

IHSteve

Losiassociated 10-27-2010 03:00 AM

Steve I hate to say it but I think you done lost your mind.LOL
Can't wait to see this one.

JAMMER 10-27-2010 08:16 AM

Steve nice start on the dozer and glad to see someone's work place look like mine mass confusion but I know were every thing is as long as every one keeps there hands out of it. Ed

ihbuilder 10-28-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Losiassociated (Post 9616)
Steve I hate to say it but I think you done lost your mind.LOL
Can't wait to see this one.

Greg , I lost it years ago :D :p it's just getting harder to evade the white coats :D . I can't wait to start it :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMMER (Post 9623)
Steve nice start on the dozer and glad to see someone's work place look like mine mass confusion but I know were every thing is as long as every one keeps there hands out of it. Ed

LOL , It drives me even crazier when someone else move my stuff .

IHSteve

dirtpusher9 10-30-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihbuilder (Post 9615)
the 40 is like between a D10 and D11 . As for time , nate , I just came up from the shop :p couldn't sleep so I went to work :D and what a productive time it was :D:D:D I just about have a pump , got to bolt the segments together and pressure test ;) . OH keeping busy keeps me sane LOL ( blankety econ. :mad: )

IHSteve

How did the pump turn out Steve any fluid flowing yet?

I'm glad your building a dozer it sould be a brute.

ihbuilder 10-30-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtpusher9 (Post 9846)
How did the pump turn out Steve any fluid flowing yet?

I'm glad your building a dozer it sould be a brute.

yes with it clamped together , hitch to the drill . I think it'll work great . I still got to bolt the housing together and make the motor mount

I'm glad to , need something to move all the rocks before I can even think of using the pan :confused:

I wanted to get the frame welded up tonight but out of saw blades :mad: + the flipin esc on my sawzall acting up :mad::mad: supposed to be variable speed all I get is high or nothing :mad: so I'll finish the suspension on the tub this weekend :confused:

IHSteve

td9clyde 10-30-2010 09:20 PM

we need some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol yeay another pump we need some good sources for hydralic pumps

ihbuilder 10-30-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by td9clyde (Post 9867)
we need some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol yeay another pump we need some good sources for hydralic pumps

maybe next week end :confused: with all the cutting I'm doing , I think It's time I get some O & A for my torch . been going through to many saw blades . then I can braze the small parts that are hard to see to weld .

HAs anyone delt with these ppl. http://www.brancekrachy.com/index.html they have a good $ on offset links :)

IHSteve

Tamiya Cowboy 10-30-2010 09:40 PM

Very cool looking build Steve it will be great to see a old school BRUT of a dozer..

Dreamweaver 10-30-2010 11:32 PM

Can't wait Steve.... PICTURESSSSS Please!

-Mike

fhhhstix 10-30-2010 11:56 PM

Ok Steve this just means more trucks and lowboys to haul it all.:p:D

Travis

td9clyde 10-31-2010 08:25 AM

comes out to 80 cents a peice if you buy them at rule king or tractor supply stores

ihbuilder 10-31-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy (Post 9870)
Very cool looking build Steve it will be great to see a old school BRUT of a dozer..

thanks Paul

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamweaver (Post 9881)
Can't wait Steve.... PICTURESSSSS Please!

-Mike

pics will come

Quote:

Originally Posted by fhhhstix (Post 9888)
Ok Steve this just means more trucks and lowboys to haul it all.:p:D

Travis

Ahh travis ,thou shoult not jest :D:p well I will need more trucks and trailers to put blemished wheels on :p:D

IHSteve