RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   RCP’s Aluminum Gravel Boxes and Accessories (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   What Aluminum sheet metal parts do you need??? (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=7988)

RCP57 12-06-2013 04:36 PM

What Aluminum sheet metal parts do you need???

Hey guys! I'm trying to make a go of this and would like to make some more things for you! What type of metal parts do you need that aren't already being produced?

Thanks for your input!

Reg

Supermario 12-06-2013 04:53 PM

Re: What Aluminum sheet metal parts do you need???

Reg, how about a tanker? I can see a fuel truck at the construction site in my back yard looking real good.:D
Or perhaps a water or milk truck tank, with the squared off back end. Know what I mean?

Or a logging bunk and a pup with it?

Mario

flatdeck 12-06-2013 05:09 PM

Reg.. How about blank trailer frames like the ones that a available for trucks with lengths up to 53' (scale) trailers

BRICKNICK 12-06-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flatdeck (Post 98938)
Reg.. How about blank trailer frames like the ones that a available for trucks with lengths up to 53' (scale) trailers

Thats a great idea and I woild like to improve on it by saying also a kit to convert a flatbed trailer to reefer trailer. For example the walls and roof. I have a scale 53 foot spread axel flatbed I would love to convert to a reefer trailer. I know anyone building a reefer trailer has a hard time findong the corrigated material to make the trailer sides. What do you say to the trailer kit or conversion kit idea?

RCP57 12-06-2013 08:24 PM

Great ideas guys! Keep em comin! I know with some guidance I can make some of this stuff for you!

Could anyone give me some dimensions of the reefer boxes? Height, length and width so that I could try to make the side material? I think I have just the piece in mind...

Reg

cabs 12-06-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

I'm on board for this one. Great idea

TRUCKMAKER 12-06-2013 11:18 PM

Hi Reg, I've been watching your build progress on the dump bed, I must say its the best I've seen yet, very impressive in all aspects.

How about designing a front mount snow blade and attachment frame that would bolt up to the KH frame. It would be a perfect compliment to your dump bed. It could be made out of aluminum and lite enough to be lifted by a small servo. Another idea to go with the heavy snow removal theme would be a drop in salt spreader to fit in your dump bed. That would be quite a challenge I would think. With the snow storms crossing the states and watching all the coverage you could come up with a lot of neat snow removal accessories.
Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

trucker n 12-17-2013 08:14 PM

Any construction equipment in the works

fhhhstix 01-11-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER (Post 98968)
Hi Reg, I've been watching your build progress on the dump bed, I must say its the best I've seen yet, very impressive in all aspects.

How about designing a front mount snow blade and attachment frame that would bolt up to the KH frame. It would be a perfect compliment to your dump bed. It could be made out of aluminum and lite enough to be lifted by a small servo. Another idea to go with the heavy snow removal theme would be a drop in salt spreader to fit in your dump bed. That would be quite a challenge I would think. With the snow storms crossing the states and watching all the coverage you could come up with a lot of neat snow removal accessories.
Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

I second this they are both great ideas.

Travis

Radio Control Trucker 01-15-2014 05:22 PM

Hey Reg, any word on the frames for the 53' trailer conversion mentioned??
If so, how much?

- RCT

Quote:

1985 kenworth 02-20-2014 12:58 AM

Quote:

yes i would go for a few of those myself!!!!!

1985 kenworth 02-20-2014 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fhhhstix (Post 101700)
I second this they are both great ideas.

Travis

i third this i have a plow already for my dually but a salter would be really really really really cooool :jaw:

Jakyat 02-21-2014 12:29 AM

I'd be very interested in some 1.9 wheels that replicate the bd91's you have in your log truck. I still can't get over that build!!!

BRICKNICK 02-21-2014 03:40 PM

I wish someone would be able to give you the reefer trailer panel dimensions. I'll try to come up with the measurements myself.

Ken Orme 02-21-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCP57 (Post 98950)
Great ideas guys! Keep em comin! I know with some guidance I can make some of this stuff for you!

Could anyone give me some dimensions of the reefer boxes? Height, length and width so that I could try to make the side material? I think I have just the piece in mind...

Reg

Type in "reffer trailers" I found one site and they are 102" wide x 53 feet long. The corigations go the length of the trailer with the cooling unit stuck on the front. My guess the height would be about the height of a standard trailer.

Could you make the sides from fiberglass?

Ken

Joe25 05-13-2015 11:19 PM

Found these, hope it helps...

http://cooling-concepts.com/wp-conte...rge53multi.jpg
and this one...
http://www.nkargo.com/#!refrigerated...mensions/c1vm2

I agree on the trailer frame rails, also what about fertilizer bed...

http://www.bigiron.com/photos/201403...75c810de63.jpg

skeeter 07-21-2017 12:29 AM

What would it cost to have an aluminum tool box made up? I have a King Hauler, I would like to get rid of the sleeper, turning it into a day cab. The tool box would be the same width as the sleeper, so I could hide the battery in it. The wires would enter it from the passenger side, so battery & plugs could be hidden inside the box. After it's been converted into a day cab, I can then start to work on customizing it into a logging truck. I'll have to try & solder together a headache rack from an old coat hanger, or something of the like, to support the trailer reach, or could you fab something like that too? It would ship to Washington state, zipcode 98032.

Cossett 07-28-2017 02:34 AM

Reg do you know if steve is still doing those tool boxs in regards to the above comment ?

Cheers Tracy

RCP57 07-28-2017 07:52 AM

I have no idea if IHB Steve is still making the tool boxes. He would be the guy to talk to though as it's not really something I would try to do at this point.