RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Mechanical tech (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Liebherr LR634 Track Loader HYDRAULICS (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=12858)

FabOne 09-25-2017 08:41 PM

Liebherr LR634 Track Loader HYDRAULICS

I'd like to convert my CARSON Liebherr LR 634 Track Loader to HYDRAULICS (currently running with electric actuators). Any recommendations on a HYDRAULIC conversion kit and where to purchase it would really be appreciated?

THANKS in advance
Terry

trucker n 09-25-2017 09:17 PM

Re: Liebherr LR634 Track Loader HYDRAULICS

fechtner modelbaum sell the kit so does premacon

FabOne 09-26-2017 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trucker n (Post 158496)
fechtner modelbaum sell the kit so does premacon

THANKS for the info!

I just came across a kit from Magom HRC also. Maybe someone can give me the pro's and con's of the different hydraulic kits

Thanks again.
-Terry

skeeter 09-27-2017 12:07 AM

While I CAN'T speak firsthand for the MagomHRC kit for that model, I can speak of their OTHER kits/parts. I tried a Bruder D11 conversion, & bought parts from MagomHRC. I bought the motor mounts, & the drive adapter to mount the Bruder Cat sprocket to the motor. The Motor mount, the BIGGEST motor in diameter I know of (The ones like the Tamiya trucks come stock with) the mounting holes were to close together to bolt to it. The adapter for the drive sprockets, the shaft on the largest motors I have easily access to, (Gear reduction motors) DIDN'T have a large enough shaft to fill the hole in the adapter. IF you go with MagomHRC, do yourself a favor, & make sure you buy a COMPLETE kit with EVERYTHING you'd need for the swap. That's my two cents on Magom's stuff. It looks like great quality stuff, but it's not easy to purchase the key components from them, & buy the other things needed elsewhere to complete the build.

egronvold 09-27-2017 06:17 AM

Leimbach also has a conversion kit.

FabOne 09-27-2017 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeeter (Post 158514)
While I CAN'T speak firsthand for the MagomHRC kit for that model, I can speak of their OTHER kits/parts. I tried a Bruder D11 conversion, & bought parts from MagomHRC. I bought the motor mounts, & the drive adapter to mount the Bruder Cat sprocket to the motor. The Motor mount, the BIGGEST motor in diameter I know of (The ones like the Tamiya trucks come stock with) the mounting holes were to close together to bolt to it. The adapter for the drive sprockets, the shaft on the largest motors I have easily access to, (Gear reduction motors) DIDN'T have a large enough shaft to fill the hole in the adapter. IF you go with MagomHRC, do yourself a favor, & make sure you buy a COMPLETE kit with EVERYTHING you'd need for the swap. That's my two cents on Magom's stuff. It looks like great quality stuff, but it's not easy to purchase the key components from them, & buy the other things needed elsewhere to complete the build.

THANKS for the come back!

Yea, I'd buy the entire hydraulics kit for the LR 634.

-Terry

FabOne 09-27-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egronvold (Post 158517)
Leimbach also has a conversion kit.

Yea, I just came across Leimbach last night also.

Thanks,
Terry

Lil Giants 09-27-2017 11:36 PM

I'd go with the Leimbach hyd system, much more compact than the Premacon kit with Jung pump & Meinhart valves. For only two functions, you'll get plenty of flow & power from Leimbach too with 2mm plumbing. Plus with an esc on the pump motor, start/stop on Leimbach's small brushed motor is possible; whereas the Premacon kit would have to be in constant motion to prevent esc freeze.

FabOne 09-28-2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Giants (Post 158528)
I'd go with the Leimbach hyd system, much more compact than the Premacon kit with Jung pump & Meinhart valves. For only two functions, you'll get plenty of flow & power from Leimbach too with 2mm plumbing. Plus with an esc on the pump motor, start/stop on Leimbach's small brushed motor is possible; whereas the Premacon kit would have to be in constant motion to prevent esc freeze.

THANKS Joe! Great explanation in regards to the size and operation of the two units.

-Terry

FabOne 10-04-2017 12:26 PM

Bump, Bump