RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   FreddyGearDrive (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   While I'm playin in the litter. (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=795)

FreddyGearDrive 10-31-2010 11:53 AM

While I'm playin in the litter.

Never got to do a vid of this rig while it's workin right. Well got the bugs out of the truck,finally! & since made a mess already in the garage,might as well play w/this baby. Here's acouple of vids to show my baby a dumpin.
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...mppics4758.jpg
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...mppics4757.jpg
For you guys that never seen this truck before,it's an 8x8 w/350 mil pump,brushless motor,5th wheel that moves back & forth & remote hydraulics for trailer.
She's a beast! Now to the paint,for the trailer.
Thanks for lookin!
FGD

Stuff 10-31-2010 12:53 PM

Re: While I'm playin in the litter.

that looks super fun!!

Dreamweaver 10-31-2010 12:58 PM

Now that's cool..

Nice trl. FGD

-Mike

Rogue 10-31-2010 01:00 PM

Awesome job as usual Freddy. You're right, it does look like it's a beast.

dirtpusher9 10-31-2010 04:19 PM

Freddy that is a masterful piece of engineering, if I get half as good as you at this RC thing I'll be a happy camper. I think you said that you were going to paint the trailer, I wouldn't, it looks great just the way it is.

Tamiya Cowboy 10-31-2010 05:07 PM

That is great nice work Freddy

fhhhstix 10-31-2010 05:44 PM

Great jobb Freddy it realy turned out nice.

Travis

mog 10-31-2010 06:38 PM

looks really stable no sins of the weght ****ing. i first one like that in my area has rold a cupple of times the farmer's use it to hall silage.

W900snowman 10-31-2010 06:47 PM

Very nice, Great work. It's the first side dump that I've seen on here. Are you going to pull doubles? I saw some nice double setups while I was working in South Dakota.

Dreamweaver 11-01-2010 02:36 AM

That thing is so close to the real ones, Ya better watch out those boys from La Mars, IA will want ya.

-Mike

rappy 11-01-2010 04:50 AM

fantastic great truck and trailer I will just sit back and keep dreaming :(

SmallHaul 11-01-2010 08:42 AM

Works great Fred. Nice work!

Cossett 11-01-2010 10:16 AM

Hi Freddy,

I'm really impressed how that turner out fantastic job done mate (top video thanks for sharing it)all you need to do is build another 1 or 2 put a dolly's in front and you have the making of a road train :D:D

Cheers Cossett

Bigrigger 11-01-2010 05:32 PM

Aced it as usual Fred, your trucks must smell minty fresh with all the cat litter you haul and plow......assuming it's not used.:D

FreddyGearDrive 11-02-2010 07:46 AM

Well now..! Glad ya'll liked the vids!
Yea Joe, That's why it isn't painted yet.I kinda like it the way it looks also,just alum. But can't seem to find one in the 1:1 that isn't painted.
I'm going to be building another one here very soon.Just got my first run on it from the machine shop.Now the fun starts trying to make the parts work as one piece.Just never seems to go smooth.
Cossett,I'm givin a shot at the train deal w/some end dumps right now. Gotta git me some practice in before I attempt an Aussie road train.:D
Guys,Thanks a lot for the complements!
FGD

tc1cat 11-02-2010 09:11 AM

Your whole setup looks GREAT!! Even better if there was another one trailing behind:rolleyes::rolleyes:

chaseracer 11-02-2010 11:13 PM

great looking truck , the side dump work really well. awesome job as always

roadranger 11-05-2010 10:26 PM

Fred, that trailer is great! You ought to market that one!

Couple/three things;

One of the advantages of side dumps is that you can dump them while moving, to windrow the material. Like when laying down road base gravel. You spread it along so that a motor grader can work on it easier than a big pile.

I watched the 2nd video, and saw the difference between models and real world.
One thing you NEVER do in a side dump is dump them without the tractor being straight in line with the trailer - NOT jacked around to one side. The 5th wheel hinge will pivot with the weight transfer when you dump, and roll the whole rig over.

When dumping large boulders or rip-rap, you've got to control the dump slowly so that the boulders don't all spill out at once, and tip you over. Or pile up and smash back into the wheels and fenders. You drop some on the ground first, then drop the rest across the top of them and out away from the trailer. Looks like you've got real good control of the dump action on your trailer.

Well done!

Hos1880 11-05-2010 10:38 PM

Freddy,

This is the best side dump I have seen it is absolute amazing.

Merritt

sparkycuda 11-06-2010 02:09 PM

Absolutely great traialer, Fred, as usual! Was just in Buffalo last weekend but time full of family stuff, so a visit not possible - another time. Take care.

Ken