RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction Equipment Tech (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Dozer (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=13660)

malawicarsten 04-01-2020 12:22 PM

Dozer

Hi

What dozer would you recommend and why?

Can see prices vary a lot from the cheap RC4WD "D10T" and up...

At moment I'm for the RC4WD as it seems to have it all

Best Regards

Carsten

skeeter 04-01-2020 11:43 PM

Re: Dozer

I am partial to the RC4WD model. I DON'T own one, but a few of our club members, PNWSTE, own them. They, like the rest of the Chinese machines do have their issues. If you get one make sure to take EVERY bolt/nut apart & add loctite to it before reassembling! In a couple more months, I'll be posting video of the RC4WD dozer working virgin ground. The ground was a fellow PNWSTE club members lawn before being converted to an RC playground.

malawicarsten 04-02-2020 03:51 AM

Thanks but I don't have any rc videos?

Looking forward to that video of them working, can't figure out how bad they are compared to the fumotec/premacon/grumalu...

skeeter 04-02-2020 09:36 PM

Oops!

malawicarsten 04-03-2020 03:09 AM

No problem, but if it's video's from Lake Malawi then I have loads :cool::cool:

jack van 04-04-2020 06:47 PM

you need to check everything from rc4wd but maybe a good base, if you change it all to better quality and lock tight, will be your new best friend

jmac52 07-17-2020 05:29 AM

Hi, Im a newbie from Australia and have just received my D10 dozer from Eagle and was wondering where everyone gets their stickers from and a scale operator? First RC earth mover came from gas RC boats. Also is there a youtube video of installing a esc to control movement on the left stick and blade on the right, the way it comes set up its very hard to operate. sorry for all the questions. Cheers Jeff

frizzen 07-18-2020 06:58 PM

Jmac,
No idea on the stickers, try ebay?

Many action-figures have to 'grow up and get a real job'. Feel free to give them a backstory, family, mortgages...

The radio setup gets a little confusing. You're going to have to figure out what channel each stick movement is on, move connections at the RX, and change your 'channel mixes'.

On my rig (yours is probably different!), left stick is ch 3, 4. So i'd move the track escs to those positions on RX. Then go into settings, find 'Channel Mixing' and program a mix for ch 3 master / 4 slave with mixes at like +100% and -100%. Then another mix for ch 4 master / 3 slave with mixes like -100 & +100. Play around with +/- on there or swap esc channels between them until it moves correctly.

Then right stick is ch 1&2 which should be pretty straight forward since i doubt you're mixing any.

If it already has mixes setup but on wrong stick, see if you can keep it and just change channel numbers. Or copy info from those mixes before you move it so you can enter it into new mixes you setup.

jmac52 07-21-2020 12:38 AM

Thanks very much Frizzen, these things are a little more complicated than boats
cheers

Wombii 07-22-2020 10:22 PM

For stickers, I think some people print them themselves on laser printers or use vinyl plotters like Cricut, but the internet has a lot of things for sale. Try an ebay search for "scale construction decals". Some will be normal stickers, some might be water slide transfer decals.
I couldn't find what I needed, so I had a sticker printing service print custom stickers. I wrote a mini-review in this post (good quality, but less flexible than typical RC decals): https://rctruckandconstruction.com/s...&postcount=100

DoubleD 05-24-2022 12:52 PM

I know this is an old post, but ARC-tec is where I got my decals.