RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   South Western Ontario Model Truckers Association (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Thanksgiving Day truck run (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=5220)

REV73 09-28-2012 02:38 PM

Thanksgiving Day truck run

Hey guys, I was just talking it over with Shawn (Civic83) and we were wondering if there would be any interest in having a Thanksgiving Day truck run at the Ancaster Fair grounds in Ancaster. We did something similar on Good Friday and it was a nice chance for those of us from the area to have a meet and greet. We figured since there was some new members to RC Truck and Construction from our area that this would be a good opportunity to get together if you can find the time. I know it's a busy weekend for most people but we thought if we had it on Monday morning, October 8th that it would be a good chance to have some fun, and we could wrap things up before you had to be elsewhere for your Thanksgiving dinner. Speak up if you are interested, if there are enough of us we will make a go of it!

Supermario 09-28-2012 03:54 PM

Re: Thanksgiving Day truck run

This sucks living so far away.....:(:(

Mario

REV73 09-28-2012 04:26 PM

sorry bud!!! We wish you were closer as well, especially since the first female gear jammer to the SWOMTA ranks lives with you! That makes 2 members we can't get out to our fun run's.

Stuff 09-28-2012 05:58 PM

thats south west? was thinking thunder bay was west side. that would have been possible for me.

REV73 09-28-2012 08:07 PM

Sorry Stuff, the majority of us are located in the golden horseshoe area around the western end of lake Ontario, I wish we could all get together, the club would be pretty big already!

REV73 10-04-2012 04:06 PM

is there anybody out there actually interested in getting together on Monday morning??? if not we can try some other time. let me know

1985 kenworth 10-06-2012 01:34 AM

i can't make it ...i'm the cook in our house and i have to do some baking also...yes a big guy like me does bake...you guys can quit laughing anytime:p:p

Mama Sue 10-06-2012 07:42 AM

Sorry guys...I can't make it either...I am the cook as well...and my truck is being redone..lol..Mario is doing a fabulous job taking care of all those details . Happy Thanksgiving to all..Be safe, Be happy and wear your comfy clothes in case you eat too much...

REV73 10-06-2012 12:08 PM

so I guess the Thanksgiving day run is not happening. What is going on next Saturday in London??? is it by invite only???

PROBUILDER1964 10-09-2012 01:35 AM

Dang....all you guy cooking...and my boys and I with no where to go..... The last time I tried to do up a turkey in the oven....the Smithsonian wanted to buy it because they thought it was a meteorite that hit the ground !!!!! lol
sorry ...too far for me too ?

1985 kenworth 10-10-2012 12:23 AM

yea rick you are welcome up my way also anytime!!!.i would cook you a turkey and homemade baking like my famous gingerbread cake or my raspberry banana bread:)

civic83 10-10-2012 08:30 AM

so is there a sunday anytime soon that we want to meet up?