RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   FreddyGearDrive (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   In honor of Freddygeardrive. (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=5809)

scalelover 12-19-2012 09:50 PM

Re: In honor of Freddygeardrive.

He has truly inspired more people than anyone of us could imagine. Many did not know him personally but you can see they felt the same touch as those of us who did.

He was a mentor, and without him even knowing exactly what he meant to some or how he was doing it, he helped a lot of people. for me personally he got me through some of the toughest times I've ever been through, just seeing his work was inspiring enough to keep me focused on something that wasn't walking me down the path to death. Being able to have an outlet that wasn't destroying everything else around. A few short talks with him and not a mention as to what was happening, you could tell he understood. His talks meant something wether it was on the subject or not it was always with the time.

He'd help anyone out with answers or info to lead you to what you needed and just had some nice *** parts. To him There was no build that was bad,or not detailed enough or crappy, you could be a complete greenhorn and have a box stock truck but if it was what you liked it was a good job.

--Dan

glorydays24 12-22-2012 05:20 PM

I never had the honor of meeting FGD, but I did talk to him on the phone a couple of times. Like everyone else, I think Freddy was a fantastic builder, and a genius when it came to these trucks. Thankyou Freddy for the kind words and inspiration. I think of FGD every day, and he is still dearly missed.
And I want to thank you Travis for doing this for Freddy. He would truely appreciate this.

Big John

doodlebug 12-22-2012 06:22 PM

He made me feel welcome here!!

Cheer's, Neil.

Stepside 12-19-2013 07:00 PM

Thanks for flyin' the RCTruckandConstruction Flag at half staff again this year.

FGD was a great asset to this hobby and is terribly missed

scalelover 12-19-2013 07:11 PM

I agree 100% with step side. You are truly missed and although we don't get to see new creations,your work still inspires many to this day!!!!

RIP Freddy

--Dan

trucker n 12-19-2013 07:24 PM

There will only be one Freddy his builds and the new things he came up with always amazed me I just regret not meeting him in person RIP Freddy your sorely missed

cabrover 12-19-2013 07:54 PM

Freddy inspiered alot of people with his humor and his builds! I look at a FGD build and it inspires me to try to do something out of the box so to speak!!:cool: So we are here reminding our selves that only for a short time we are on this earth to be the best humans we can be and cherish the moments and memories!!:bounce:

jack van 12-19-2013 10:20 PM

Says something about a person when the people they have known show they miss them in such great numbers I would have like to meet him

MACK Daddy 12-19-2013 10:28 PM

Hurts seeing FGD's things being sold on ebay...just another reminder of his unique building skills with RC's

Still miss you you old fart

Alfy

Diesel Demond 12-19-2013 11:30 PM

I also was lucky enough to get a trailer from him. plus i just bought 2 of his tool boxes of ebay. very hard to get!! great tallent!!

flatdeck 12-20-2013 08:47 AM

R. I. P. Freddy

speedy8305 12-20-2013 12:43 PM

RIP FGD

JDawg360 01-17-2014 03:44 PM

I wish I could have met Freddy. His work is unbelieveable!!! Nothing but class!!!

crisis time 01-17-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDawg360 (Post 102145)
I wish I could have met Freddy. His work is unbelieveable!!! Nothing but class!!!

I would have to agree with Jdawg
I have been going through this board for a few weeks now and his name keeps
coming up with some of the finest and innovative builds I have ever seen
A great loss to his family friends and all RCers.

Ian