RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   FreddyGearDrive (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   In honor of Freddygeardrive. (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=5809)

fhhhstix 12-19-2012 12:50 AM

In honor of Freddygeardrive.

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/z...er/file-17.jpg

We are taking today to remember and honor Freddygeardrive, the founder of this forum, master model builder, and the kindest friend that anybody could ask for. We have closed the rest of the forum today in remembrance for our dear friend Freddy.

Freddy built us this home when our other home shut down and I am very happy to be apart of this home and family Freddy created.

There are three sayings Freddy told me on a regular basis and I miss hearing them every day.

"Biddle do you want to hear a dial tone?"

"It's a great day to be alive when you're driving a truck built by Freddygeardrive."

"Man my shoulder hurts from patting myself on the back for this one."

Please take the time to share your thoughts about Freddy.

Thanks
Travis

cabrover 12-19-2012 02:43 AM

Re: In honor of Freddygeardrive.

I never got to meet FGD, but seeing some of his builds reminds me of how amazing he was. It also reminds me that life is to short and we should cherish every moment with family and friends. God be with all of us and with FGD!!

Tim

Brian in PA 12-19-2012 04:10 AM

The other threads are locked in honor of Freddy

rcman 12-19-2012 04:21 AM

sounds good Im great full freddy started this since the garden shut down.

Lil Giants 12-19-2012 04:22 AM

I was bit puzzled with how Freddy initially intended to establish this forum the way it has become today with the Vendors idea of allowing talented ppl to help grow our hobby more locally. Better parts at reasonable prices for all of us to build better models & fund the forum operating costs all at the same time.. it has certainly prospered into a great community of everyone working together. :)

Cheers to you Freddy, job well done! :cool:

spudd 12-19-2012 04:38 AM

Freddy got to be a great friend of mine.i think about him every day and miss our phone calls

ihbuilder 12-19-2012 05:48 AM

I was just getting to to know the old man :( . He's been 1 of my greatest inspirations in this hobby as to anything can be made in RC :D:D:D . I miss the **** breakin the most :rolleyes::p:p:p:p:p

MACK Daddy 12-19-2012 06:06 AM

Your unique humor is still missed freddy

Alfy

Stepside 12-19-2012 06:26 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed reading his posts!!! He always had a way with words!!! :D

Radio Control Trucker 12-19-2012 07:03 AM

A good friend and great builder, FGD always had a positive attitude and a good humor (though somewhat colorful) to keep us on our toes. He was a man that truly embodied the best for our hobby.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...39784185_n.jpg

You will never be forgotten!!!

- RCT

TRUCKMAKER 12-19-2012 11:30 AM

I didn't get a chance to meet Freddie but was very inspired by his builds, advice, **** busting and general comic relief. Thank you Freddie for all you've done for us and thank you Travis for carrying on Freddie's dream and making this a day of remembrance.

sneff 12-19-2012 11:33 AM

Travis your first post made me laugh so hard!! I miss all his sayings and sense of humor.
One of my favs he always used to say to me was "What is this, lets play stupid hour??" He would usually say that when I would tell him his price on parts he was looking for. Or he would say " let me hang up and call back and you can give me the real price"

I had the honor of working hands on with Freddy on many of his builds and i usually would get calls at weird hours when he was trying to solve a problem. I'd give anything now for those calls:(

Miss ya Freddy.

dabears 12-19-2012 12:29 PM

Great way to remember and honor him! I never got to meet or talk to Freddy but I have seen his builds! What an amazing man he was! So much talent! I'm thankful he created this place for us and am thankful for those who keep it running today!

Snochaser 12-19-2012 01:52 PM

A good guy to talk to and learn from. He had a great sense of humor and always willing to help. Definitely set the bar for that a lot of us to go from, continually would come up with new, clean and cleaver was of building.

I really wanted to see the ultimate goal he had in mind and also had in the works and that was his "Hobby Shop". He was working on bringing to life, but sadly cut short.

As always You will be missed Freddy. Once again thanks for the foundation you set for all of us.

Ben

Roadmasters 12-19-2012 03:34 PM

Boy do I miss that old man.... RIP buddy

Tamiya Cowboy 12-19-2012 04:47 PM

IM JUST BREAKING YOUR BALLS! Hearing that and his laugh was great to me. He talked me threw a very hard time in my life and business when I was ready to give up he told me to knock it off get my A$$ to work and power threw it and he was right saved my business and my house and I would not of done that if it would not of been for his pep talks and advise and the I would tell him tanks Dad..

Greatly missed Freddy you are..

BRICKNICK 12-19-2012 05:20 PM

I'm greatful for this home for our hobby you have given us, and I guess what they say is true,God takes all the good ones......RIP FREDDY

mazdaparts 12-19-2012 05:30 PM

Never met him in person but chatted with him through the forum. He was truly a master builder. My favorite saying of his was "It'll have some hair".

speedy8305 12-19-2012 07:23 PM

I know alot of guys on here have talent and skill but there will never be another FGD you are missed

russisloud 12-19-2012 08:52 PM

Now this is a kool way to honor Freddy, he would of loved the idea, LOL:eek: