RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Highway Trucks and Trailers (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Another Globe Liner Build (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=3665)

Bsorenson79 01-15-2012 06:35 PM

Another Globe Liner Build

5 Attachment(s)
It seems Like the Globe Liner is the flavor of the month these days. So here is another. I've been planing for this build for a while now. I'm starting out with drilling out and taping out a new set of frame rails. I originally I had a set of FGD frames on order with a taper, but sad to say the unfortunate happened. I also ordered a aluminum taper off of EBay (which I wasn't to happy buying from China) lack of choice kinda forced me. I used my stock GL frame rails as temps. for the blank rails. The second pics show my goody box of Russ's parts ( air ride susp. , ez stacks, aluminum bumper).

glorydays24 01-15-2012 07:06 PM

Re: Another Globe Liner Build

Look's like you're off to a good start. I'm kind of partial to the globe, and i'm planning on re-doing her.
And you're going to love the air ride...I do.:D
Can't wait to see more.

Big John

Espeefan 01-15-2012 09:08 PM

I like the pictures. :D

Bsorenson79 01-15-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Espeefan (Post 46564)
I like the pictures. :D

I can't figure out how to get my pics from photo bucket to my post.

Espeefan 01-15-2012 11:06 PM

If you see the image tags underneath your photos, on photobucket, just click on the one that starts and ends with IMG tags. It should copy the address automatically, but if not, right click and select copy. Then just paste that address, with the IMG tags into your post. Do that by right clicking and selecting paste. Hope this helps!

Bsorenson79 01-22-2012 05:36 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Today I got Russ's Air Ride set up and installed the axles. As of now I didn't put springs on the inside of the bags. I did get to my local hardware store and picked up a bunch of spring with different tensions. I also have to figure out the length I have to make the springs for the truck to sit right. Also if you look at the pics I used different nuts on the front and back axle mounts. I'm gonna use all lock nuts ( just ran short). But it's driving me crazy that the bolts don't match.

glorydays24 01-22-2012 11:16 PM

Doesn't the air ride look sweet??? Can't wait to see more.:):D:cool:

Big John

SWAGGER 01-25-2012 12:57 PM

Fantastic start and some incredible goodies to on there. Well done!

Just wondering though, why no cross members? Besides the front and rear bumper mounts and servo mounts, All that is holding the chassis frame rails together is the rear suspension. Won't there be a lot of chassis flex?

Bsorenson79 01-25-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWAGGER (Post 47412)
Fantastic start and some incredible goodies to on there. Well done!

Just wondering though, why no cross members? Besides the front and rear bumper mounts and servo mounts, All that is holding the chassis frame rails together is the rear suspension. Won't there be a lot of chassis flex?

The next time I actually get some time, I do plan on adding a cross member or two.

CAT29 01-30-2012 04:43 AM

Looking good I love the air ride it looks mad good work!