RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction Equipment Tech (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   servo replacement (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=12471)

honda3 04-05-2017 01:08 PM

servo replacement

Hey guys just had a servo go out on my 360L. Do i need to drain all the hyd fluid before pulling the servo from the block? Should i go ahead and replace all 3 while I'm at it? What are some things i should be looking for in a replacement servo? Thanks for all the help i would be lost without this forum.

Lil Giants 04-05-2017 01:46 PM

Re: servo replacement

No, just unbolt the servo. Be sure to center the new servo before installation. Change them as needed, could buy all 3 now to save on shipping costs.

Some one just asked about replacement servo for these chinese models

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ad.php?t=12438

honda3 04-05-2017 03:23 PM

thanks for the help man

honda3 04-05-2017 04:04 PM

I have a few more questions, does any one know what spline count the servo needs to be off the top of their head? I have some old servos around that never got much use i would like to use. Also, if the servo is different from the other 2 will that matter? Will any type of adjustments need to be made once it is centered up and bolted on, as to the radio or anything else?

frizzen 04-05-2017 06:17 PM

What are the existing servos so we can look up spline?
As long as the servos fit and throw the same, it shouldn't matter about being different from the others.

Center the servo, bolt up, set trim, make sure it throws correct direction, set endpoints if needed.

honda3 04-05-2017 09:19 PM

Got the servo bolted in and everything is working fine other than the boom moves a tad bit slower in one direction vs the other. The servo doesn't look like it is traveling as far in that direction vs the other way, nothing major. Is that what the endpoints adjust, servo travel?

Northern Farmer 04-05-2017 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honda3 (Post 154480)
Got the servo bolted in and everything is working fine other than the boom moves a tad bit slower in one direction vs the other. The servo doesn't look like it is traveling as far in that direction vs the other way, nothing major. Is that what the endpoints adjust, servo travel?

Yes sir that's what the end points are for. Like Joe said earlier center the servo or else it will act like your's is right now having more travel in one direction vs. the other.

honda3 04-06-2017 09:16 AM

Yes i centered the servo. I believe the problem is that when i went to put the horn on I had to favor one side or the other. I couldn't slide it on directly centered, it always had a slight tilt either way i put it on. I may try again later today. Thanks for all the help guys.

Lil Giants 04-06-2017 08:21 PM

Some servo horns, if you spin the horn 180 degree on the servo it will split the difference it is out of adjustment... with today's electronic radios, resetting center (listed as sub trim in some radio menus) & epa's is easy peasy anyway, so exact servo placement isn't as fussy as it was once was necessary.

honda3 04-06-2017 10:55 PM

I spun it 180 degrees and it centered right up. Thanks for all the help guys. The repair was no problem with everyones help and I'm already back to digging. Thanks again.

Helijib 01-08-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honda3 (Post 154503)
I spun it 180 degrees and it centered right up. Thanks for all the help guys. The repair was no problem with everyones help and I'm already back to digging. Thanks again.

Hi there! I’m in the same boat. Need to replace a servo and am wondering what way you we’re able to get to the servos? Pull the pump assembly out or just remove the side of the excavator? Thanks so much!

Also, did you guys end up counting the spine for a direct fit?

liftmys10 01-09-2018 12:06 AM

Just keep in mind some servos spin opposite so you might need to reverse it thru your radio.