RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   WHY ARE ALL PHOTOS DEAD? (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=13075)

jearbear0927 01-26-2018 08:13 AM

WHY ARE ALL PHOTOS DEAD?

A picture can tell a thousand words... are there any plans for fixing all the lost photos? thnx in advance.

Bo Wallen 01-26-2018 09:02 AM

Re: WHY ARE ALL PHOTOS DEAD?

Try this and make sure to use a Computer with Google Chrome as browser :)http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ad.php?t=12878
Good Luck.

RCP57 01-26-2018 09:37 AM

I received an email from Photobucket this past week. They are now offering a new "plan" for $100 per year that allows photo hosting and storage of up to 300,000 photos as long as it is not commercial use. I guess they realized that no one was going to pay $400-$500 a year for their service. It's not a great option but the price is headd in the right direction...

jearbear0927 01-26-2018 12:56 PM

im new to the forum. any in that matter. but why would you have to pay to upload photos? i dont pay to upload photos on FB? and 100 is outrageous 4-5 hundred is retarted.. with the way photos are shared nowadays i dont see how they can charge. or the forum could make an app and you would be able to ??

Lil Giants 01-26-2018 03:32 PM

Our forum doesn't draw in a couple hundred BILLION dollars annually in ad revenue like FB does, which I guess is why FB can afford to allow unlimited photos & videos uploaded to their platform...

The internet is getting less FREE to use every yr!

jearbear0927 01-26-2018 03:37 PM

I never knew it cost money to put photos on the internet. And what you said makes sense "numbers" i wouldnt give them a dollar to do so..

jearbear0927 01-26-2018 03:58 PM

I never knew it cost money to put photos on the internet. And what you said makes sense "numbers" i wouldnt give them a dollar to do so..

Bo Wallen 01-26-2018 04:32 PM

I pay $40 a year for Flickr Pro and i get NO ! sucky ads. and it also have an editor for picture. I believe in paying for stuff and service if it's reasonable. Free stuff often comes back and bite your a$$ for some reason. :jaw:

kaptain Jack 01-27-2018 08:47 AM

The bucket started for free and to do what they did now, is nothing short of a kidnaping for ransom!!! These are our photos, my photos, that I have uploaded for several years. If they wanted to charge for uploading, they had to do it with new people, that would know forehand, that it would cost them! I refuse to pay to thieves, not a $100 and not a $1! PERIOD!

Bo Wallen 01-27-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaptain Jack (Post 161761)
The bucket started for free and to do what they did now, is nothing short of a kidnaping for ransom!!! These are our photos, my photos, that I have uploaded for several years. If they wanted to charge for uploading, they had to do it with new people, that would know forehand, that it would cost them! I refuse to pay to thieves, not a $100 and not a $1! PERIOD!

Kaptain. Did you install the fix so you can see your and other photos ?

Lmackattack 01-27-2018 11:27 AM

I recently started using "google photos" to store all my pics. its basically like flicker or Photobucket but without ads and such. I moved all my photobucket images over to google because I was tired of them playing games. I think photobucket is dead now that other ways to post and store images for free are available.

just my.02

kaptain Jack 01-27-2018 12:05 PM

Bo, I'm an old dinosaurs when it comes to computers, my son will stop by and do it for me, but thanks for posting link with the solution.

kaptain Jack 01-27-2018 12:39 PM

Grreat, downloaded it, says: added to Google chrome. Now I have to figure out what to do next... embarrassing!!.

jearbear0927 01-27-2018 12:50 PM

kaptain jack. i agree 100% with you. and Bo i pay for everything I have or have had. it's just with the technology and apps available i don't see how they can charge so much. or at all. especially reading how someone posted for free and then rules were changed and pics literally hijacked isn't right at all. im not a computer person by no means. but in my mind the pics on the builds are visiual aids in which to me are more helpful than the words. it's knowledge. knowledge should be free.. lets all hope the new internet laws/bills? don't pass it seems to be ugly. thnx everyone for your input.

Bo Wallen 01-27-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaptain Jack (Post 161769)
Grreat, downloaded it, says: added to Google chrome. Now I have to figure out what to do next... embarrassing!!.

It will install and be ready for use. just go in and look if you can see any of Freddy's picture. if you can you're good to go.

kaptain Jack 01-27-2018 04:34 PM

I can see, I can see! Thank you Jesus! I mean thank you Bo!