RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Highway Trucks and Trailers (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mikes Mack (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=9397)

Mikem 09-01-2014 05:34 PM

Mikes Mack

1 Attachment(s)
After seeing Lmackattack Mack's on this site I thought it would be a great second truck to build . So I acquired a king hauler plus bits and the Shapeways cab . I want /would like a single axle dump truck . I'm going to or say already locked the rear axle , now I'm figuring out the front end . I also want to thank Lmackattack for the help he has given me , you see my questions on his thread , and Bigford to start my own thread . So bear with me as I stumble through this project . Now for a picture of want I want . Take care Mike

Mikem 09-01-2014 05:35 PM

Re: Mikes Mack

And the pic didn't come through ,now want !?

Mikem 09-01-2014 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another attempt

Mikem 09-01-2014 05:56 PM

If I touch the question mark it shows the pic how about with you guys ? Mike

ihbuilder 09-01-2014 05:58 PM

Mike , PLEASE try a photo hosting site like photobucket

A U model :cool: on my to build list 1 of these years :rolleyes: I use to drive 1 with a 25 ton Rogers detachable gooseneck .

ihbuilder 09-01-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikem (Post 116146)
If I touch the question mark it shows the pic how about with you guys ? Mike

yea but too small for me old eyes

Trucker_Jo 09-01-2014 06:29 PM

The attached picture works. I agree, try photobucket :D Should be a very cool build though. Something different.

bigford 09-01-2014 06:37 PM

way to go. look forward to watching a new mack build

Mikem 09-01-2014 09:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How about this

Mikem 09-01-2014 09:45 PM

How does one get a photo from photo bucket to this site without winging the ipad through the window ? Mike time lost to truck work to much time on the confuzer!

ihbuilder 09-01-2014 10:29 PM

Would it werk the same as on iPhone :confused: if so , tap photo , tap i with circle around it at bottom left of menu bar that appears then 4 codes will come up , tap on IMG code . Come back to post hold finger in text area till paste comes up tap paste .

Radio Control Trucker 09-02-2014 01:13 AM

Not a bad looking Mack.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...1409621303.jpg

This build should be fun (& challenging) for you. :)

- RCT

Mikem 09-02-2014 06:32 AM

Another attempt http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/...psz4vi2nbu.jpg

Mikem 09-02-2014 06:42 AM

The last photo is thanks to IHBuilder . This is my truck so far it is a loose set up with a cardboard dump box . Today I'm of to get lo pro servos I hope then mount the rear axle . Mike

ihbuilder 09-02-2014 07:15 AM

Mike in the [---] you want [img] in front [/img] at the end

Lmackattack 09-02-2014 10:53 AM

Looking good mike.

One thing I had to do was to cut the stock cab floor so the back of the Mack cab can rest on the frame . I glued the hood and cab together and hinged it at the front. This way the cab/hood tilts out of the way when changing a battery.

With that short bed you will have to really think where the lift motor and esc will be located.

My 6wheeler has the electronics really crammed in there.

bigford 09-02-2014 12:29 PM

if he builds mack fuel tanks he could hide the esc in there

Supermario 09-02-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikem (Post 116167)
How does one get a photo from photo bucket to this site without winging the ipad through the window ? Mike time lost to truck work to much time on the confuzer!

First get yourself the photobucket app for your IPad. Going to the website won't work. The app is free and once you got that you will be amazed at how quick and easy it is to upload and post on the forum:). I hated photobucket before but now, I love it! Almost too much though, had to buy some more bandwidth:eek::mad:

A big thanks to Truckmaker. He's the one who showed me how to do it. Thanks Kent

Mario

Mikem 09-05-2014 09:28 PM

I had a few minutes tonite and mounted the rear springs and started to make axle mounts . Will attempt to post a pic when assembled . Mike

Mikem 09-15-2014 10:04 PM

Company is gone can get back at my truck . Finally got my rear axle mounted . Tonite I installed the 2new low profile servos that's was interesting fun . Loosely mounted the engine and tranny and ran it that was a good feeling . Then I wasted a couple hours trying to post a couple photos that didn't work so I stared working on positioning the cab . Mike