View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 08:45 AM

baker3 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Total newbie dozer process

You do need to be careful not to over run it when raising the ripper. I just familiarize myself with it and try not to over work the servo when the bit hits the mounting rod. When lowering the ripper, the bit just falls out so no big deal there but again just familiarize. As for a free travel piece, I suppose you could solder two pieces of steel at one end on the outside of the brake line then mount it somehow allowing the bit to travel through. I just may try that. As for turning down the bit, I have a pretty primitive way of doing this lol. Insert the bit backwards into a drill then I use my table grinder to grind down to size, then into a point to insert into the servo horn. I have tried machining the bit down then threading it but it was more of a pain than its worth. The bit is hard but by using the drill, I keep the bit spinning while I grind it down. This helps me not burn my fingers and get a somewhat constant and even grind pattern with little to no uneven spots, if that makes sense.

I will take some pics today and get some posted.