View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 08:15 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Which hyd excavator pump/setup for a newbie

I've been using Leimbach hyd systems for yrs & they're great for small scale models using 12-14mm bore pistons with 2mm ID plumbing for reasonably quick cycle times.

The 200 pump will be the mini with a brushless motor that is used primarily to operate their trk crane, not meant for long continuous operation.

The 450 pump was originally for their telescope cylinders & the brushed motor was bi-directional. Is it now mono directional for use with valves? I don't know.

The 380 pump, I knew as a 350ml/min pump, but maybe the 380 version is with the brushless motor on it running at 8000rpm, instead of the 6000rpm brushed motor. A faster turning pump, you'll just wear it out quicker if left running all the time. Todays more sophisticated radios with channel mixing, you can limit the wear & heat build up by making the pump activate only when necessary... makes your run times last longer too.

Joe