View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 10:09 PM

der82c is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/14 Komatsu PC200 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuangs View Post
Hi Derrick,

I cannot agree you more on this topic and admire everything you did to make this happen. It is a big achievement!

To share with you a story...I got a prviate message sometime ago - someone wants to buy my 1/16 Gepard tank. After the second thought, I declined his request. There is something that money cannot not buy.

I need some of your advice...I am sure if I need to add a 1:4 gear reduction on hydraulic pump, it gives higher torque but quites noisy. Do you connect brushless motor directly to pump or you also add that gear reduction? Thanks! Your model looks absolutely stunning!!

Best regards,
Kevin
pls don't say that you need my advise, we are just sharing ideas.
for me, i directly attach the brushless motor to the pump, no gear reduce, just a solid coupling. you have to trust the power from the brushless motor, if its not good enough, attach with the outer run motor to the pump just like i did to the 650. if the speed too much, i set the throttle % from the transmitter. once i tried to lower the motor rpm too much, resulting create loading, heat up the esc and fry. well, try and error, pay for the lesson learned. there lot of motor specs around, just have to choose the right torque and rpm.
about the noise from the gear reduce, i think of 2 cause:
1, the contact distance between the gears are not right
2, the gear couple is off set due to wear and tear
what do you think?

Last edited by der82c; 02-27-2014 at 10:13 PM.