View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 06:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: JD 650H build

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStilwell View Post
Espreefan:
Yes, those are the servo boards. You can get everything inside and keep the Cab interior stock too, but the only blade funtion I have is lifting. I couldn't figure out how to do the blade angle and tilt without seriously altering the stock look.

Cooper:
I looked into that Mill as well, but decided on the Grizzly. I plan on an 7x9 or 8x16 lathe in the future, but that's after I either CNC or DRO the mill.
I'll keep an eye on the bearings, thanks for the heads up. Been running great so far.

John
That part was for a bf20. The g0704 is grizzleys name slapped on it. Many of those mills out there, they are more commonly refered to as bf20's. I too have a grizzly g0704 mill. Another place for a ton of info if you convert to cnc for this mill is hoss machine. This guy is nuts, like the craziest builder for these models he is towards bench top mills. http://www.g0704.com. Is one of the pages. Sorry to go off topic of the build, as I'm interested in watching this build. Lots of creativity you got there. one thing I wish I would have gone in the lathe department is I wish I would have got one to where I can have a variable speed option for the lathe. I change speeds a lot and changing belts is a pain when I know variable speed lathes are out there. But future growth I guess.