View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: how many guys actually drive truck on here?

Why don't you just go and get a job on a dock for someone. Driving around the yard moving trailers will give you some skills. Or join the Army and when you get out you can use the army license to get the CDL. Way back when you would go to work for a freight company and practice moving trailers around the yard. Then you go and get a class 1 permit and go with a driver on a few trips to get some needed experience and then take your drivers test but now days you need an act of congress to get a license. Some of these drivers they are turning out of these driving schools are a joke. I was going down the thruway one day and blinked the lights to let a truck back in an one of these school wonders said what are you blinking the lights at me, I said if you don't know go back to school. With the invention of supper highways a lot of driving skills have gone to the way side. The company I use to drive for wouldn't let you get on toll roads like the NYS thruway always ran 2 lane highways these school drivers would be lost and never get there on time. If they ever saw the old Jacob's ladder in Mass they probably wet there pants coming of that 2 lane hill. Ed