Thread: T800 logtruck
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 08:59 PM

bucshott is on a distinguished road
Default Re: T800 logtruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
Beautiful job Rick. I have to admit the first few times I saw this truck as your avatar I just glanced at it and thought it was 1:1 till I saw it in a post and realized it was sitting on a porch railing.

-Mike
Thanks Mike, most people i show the picture to thanks it is real till i point out the porch railing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinside View Post
That is a great truck, thanks for the pictures.

Could you show how axles go together, I just don't see how that works?

Also I presume this started life as a King Hauler?

I am new to the hobby. Rick

Not to worry I figured it out.

But where did you get the Pintle Hitch?

Thanks again

Paul
Thanks paul, yes it is a king hauler, the Pintle Hitch is from garden trucking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losiassociated View Post
Looks real good.
Thank you Losiassociated
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in PA View Post
A true masterpiece Rick! I love your attention to detail.

Brian
Thank you Brian, trying to keep up with your awsome peterbilt's

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseracer View Post
great looking truck, the details are wonderful, really like the color. can wait to see it working
Thank you chaseracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Rick, thanks for posting this build! I was really looking forward to it! All I can say is this is the best looking T800 I've ever seen anyone build out of a King Hauler. Just flat out fantastic. The mirrors, the grill, the headlights, and the dovetailed frame is just awesome. I always thought this truck in your avatar photo was a highly detailed 1/25 scale kit from Ertl/AMT or something, but I was blown away when I saw you post the big pictures of it in the sticky thread for day cabs! Paint job is really nice as well. I'm sure if you posed this truck on a logging road somewhere, and had the camera angle right, no one would know this isn't a 1:1 truck! Definitely one of my favorite builds.
Your welcom Nathon, Thank you for the complements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post
Just flat impressive! Details, workmanship, paint - absolutely great. And your camera angles and background selection, as Espeefan noted, make it as real as the 1:1. Awesome job!

Ken
Thank you Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpipespete View Post
Hello , thats a very nice build . Once i get to know a few guys and find out where to buy parts i plan to build a logger too . Michael
Thank you Michael