View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 10:41 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First build ,cat D11

Well the easy thing for me to do would be to make a pivot on the blade for the lift cylinders. But that isn't the right thing. I will get into adding another mix to lift channel so when tilt is enabled the lift cylinders will engage. Because they are on one valve it should enable all the pressure to go to one side resulting in relieving the opposing pressure created by the tilting. That's just going to cause some hair loss on my part involving that program mixing. Lol!!! On the first start up (no video taken of course) the tilting worked fine. I think that was a result in having some air in the cylinders/lines allowing some equalization.

On a good note, I found the cause of both lift cylinders leaking. When I drilled hole pattern for bolting shaft seal housing to cylinder I drilled into the side hole for lifting. They are soldered on but was careful to not add too much solder to run on inside of cylinder. That is allowing some fluid to follow the bolt threads and escape. I'll fix that. So for the most part my hydraulic system works well.