View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 07:44 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: My new Knight Hauler/Freightliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick0 View Post
What might be happening is the voltage is dropping below the minimum that the receiver needs and shuts off. This is known as browning out. What causes this is the BEC voltage in the MFU dropping below that minimum that the receiver needs to run. One way to test this, which is kind of tough in our situation, is using an external power source to power the receiver. To do this you would need to use a y-harness since we use all of our slots in the receiver with the MFU and you'd have to disconnect all the red wires coming from the MFU to go into the receiver.
I believe you are 100% correct. The MFU does not have enough BEC for all 3 servos when the truck is under a load and it shuts down the receiver which shuts the MFU down.

I had this problem with my new CASCADIA build, the MFU worked fine on the bench but in the truck and not even driving the servos pulled more amps than the BEC could provide so the truck just sat there turning on and off. I unpluged the fifth wheel servo, and unhooked the truck would start up and idle until I operated the shift or steering servo. I was using 3 HiTec 645MG servos which were just way too power hungry. I replaced them with standard servos and the truck works fine now. Plus be sure to set the endpoints of the servos to keep them in the operating range of the mechanics it is hooked to.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11