View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Green Horn

gismow is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rebuild of a Knight Hauler after a Crash

Hi...

Just a short update.

The Rims are actual drying. The colour is on, but I had some small failures. But they are acceptable, the alternative would be to remove the base coat and the paint completely again. Let's see how it's looking if the rims are mounted and the complete Truck is assembled.

The front board is extended by 2 new features.

1. A "Neutral" mode for the throttle. If it's activated, the trottle value is only forwarded to the sound module. The speed controller will only receive the center value of the throttle channel. This gives me the possibility to play with the throttle without moving. It will be interesting for the already mentioned light effect.

2. In the upper right corner an additional chip and some components are added. The chip is measuring the temperature under the hood via a sensor. If it exceeds a defined value, the fan is activated until the temperature is falling below the defined temperature again.
But this functionality will not work because the sensor must be placed between the 2 modules and the air stream will move thru these two modules. So the planned functionality is to activate the fan for 5-10 seconds. After that I deacvtivate it again and must wait for some seconds. The sensor must adopt the environmental temperature. After that I do a control measurement. If the value is below the defined limit, the fan will kept deactivated. If it's not yet reached, the fan will be activated again for another 5-10 seconds.

That's it for the moment...