View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Green Horn

mavrick0 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Cascadia build.

It's been a while since I've updated this and things have come along way and then backwards but for a good reason. Ran it for a full day at the Clifford show with only one issue and that was the new Nimh pack that would only take half a charge and cause issues. Needless to say I'm going to start running my lipos with a lipo alarm since the MFU doesn't have a built in cut off.

The last mechanical thing I did before the show was to strip the tranny back out and replace the shift plates with steel to go with the brass gears and replace the main plate of the tranny with a set of black aluminum one's.

So after that was back in the body was installed and finished for the show. I'm not happy with the paint job but unfortunately my painter didn't have time. Might have to buy a new body and have it redone.

Since the show it has been taken apart to do some add-ons to the electronics. Thanks to two member of the club(Mario*supermario* and Wayne*flatdeck*) I learned of a company called SS-tronix which make some great items which I'm sure many of you know. Also being sold the SS-tronix by Wayne*flatdeck*, since he wasn't going to use the stuff saved me the 6-8 week wait for the majority of the stuff. I still have an order for some other add-ons but for the truck side I have everything I need. I'm also working on doing a hidden servo for the fifth wheel which I hope to have done tomorrow.

So that's where the truck sits now. Once I get the hidden servo done and a few paint touch ups I want to take it out and get some good pics of it in all it's glory.