View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 08:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kenworth T880-Aluminum cab

I guess I kinda am using body filler it's just aluminum...

Today was kind of a s*** show when it came to this. I started off by adding the lower muck catchers on the front of each fender. This went fine and with a little extra rod melted on I was able to clean up some body lines in the same area. I then went to my parents to use my Dads bead blaster. That went great too and I was happy to see the body all in one color. I meant to put it down and get on with some chores outside but I just couldn't stop(no lunch, no drinking, no pee breaks). I decided that the next step should be the bumper so I got busy cutting things and bending it to shape. This where the wheels started to fall off... Once the bumper was bent to shape I discovered that the right fender was almost 1/8" ahead of the left. This obviously causes major fitment issues with the bumper especially with the new fender extensions. After a few tweaks with no success I found out that the fender does come off just like on the real truck! The only problem was that I had to use a grinder to get it off and a TIG welder to put it back on! Anyway after a nearly 3 hour battle things were back together and fitting pretty close so I put the bumper in the mill and milled out the slots and so on. Now I need to bead blast the body again and then I can do some more filing.

That was a lot of rambling, sorry... Here's the pictures

Thanks for listening and looking.lol