View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 09:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WTF HAPPENED !!!

Without knowing exactly what paints used, it's one of the two,-- products weren't compatible or products weren't compatible and too thick of coats. Some useful tips in painting are now a days always use same product. A lot of different chemicals to flash faster/slower, thin/thicken time between coats are used in different companies and the paint may be compatible but the solvents may not. I think that may have been the case along with too thick of a coat. I've always experienced the talent in painting is having the discipline to prep correctly and to spray more coats at a very light covering. Try to do the detail (hard to cover or difficult to get to) first. On these types of things I've switched to all waterborne paints. Can still be used with a 2k clear. And you don't have to be that great at painting or to have a high $ paint gun. Spray cans are fine , just remember to start spraying then hit the part. You just have a harder time applying thin coats with cans. But treat it same, light light coats, read the labels and always make a test sample. The really good guys take the time and have the experience of reading the paint (its flash , thickness, and when to stop!!). The biggest hurdle I had was the discipline to stop when I was ahead not saying "oh there is a little spot that could use some more-then seeing a run cus I put too much on!"