Thread: Wrong Radio?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Green Horn

CustomRCmodels is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wrong Radio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick.K View Post
The Tamiya Attack 2.4 ghz T/R arrived last night. Have not had a chance to try it yet. The instructions for the radio do not state what type of battery the included receiver uses (the instructions for the radio do not mention the receiver at all). I was surprised to see how small that receiver is (battery included inside?).

It made me wonder why the Tactic TTX 404 receiver uses a four "AA" cell battery pack to power it.

I was disappointed that the Tamiya radio did not include the shifter gate. Then I opened the box for the motorized leg support that is supposed to include the steering gate, and it was not there either. I can try to make my own. Where can I get the shift and steering gates for the Attack radio if I can make good accurate ones?
all receivers need a power-source of 5Volt to operate . Therefore the deal with the 4xAA battery packs .
The Tamiya Attack needs that too :

REQUIREMENTS
AA Batteries: Four for transmitter
Receiver Battery: 4.8-6.0V battery pack (do not use dry-cell
batteries as receiver's power source)

but in your case by using the Tamiya MFU , you don't need no extra power on the receiver , since the MFU supplies power to the receiver.

If you would use this radio-system with any other truck , boat or any type of vehicle , which uses a ESC ( electronic speed controller ) and it is one of them which has a BEC ( battery eliminator circuit ) , then you will not need extra power to the receiver either.

since you are new to all of this , you may want to look at these 2 webpages
( even thought I have that posted in my tanker-section , it also applies to the truckers ) ,
explanation about stick modes and other radio system terms :

http://customrcmodels.com/Tanks/id92.htm

http://customrcmodels.com/Tanks/id79.htm

don't get too confused with these info's , but again , some of that stuff listed there applies to the trucks as well .