View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 11:40 AM

*tonto* is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BOBCAT S300 SKID STEER LOADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc13 View Post
Finally, a Bobcat that is RC. I own a few 1:1 Bobcats and always thought about setting one up RC. I purchased 2 of those Ertl Bobcats just like yours for converting. But, not enough time, so my kids got them for Christmas. They are built well, so your conversion should work out. I also have a Bruder skid and the track loader. Those are nice, but since I have the 1:1, someday I will convert the Bobcat.
It looks like you have plenty of room for a battery and to keep the cab in tact for an operator.
Do you think you could have used a standard size servos for the wheels?
Thanks,
Eddie
Trying to fit a standard size servo for the drive wheels would have pushed the wheelbase in to much. The HS85MG is probably the best option because they use metal gears and are super easy to convert to continuous rotation. I am using a 2s 800mah lipo that just fits inside. I don't have a lipo alarm yet, so I don't know exactly how much run time I can get from it, but I have run it for at least 20 min. hard with no sign of slowing down. Like I said this is my very first construction conversion, so most of this one is prototype for my next. I was super excited to convert this Bobcat, because I have yet to see another one like it.

Thanks for the comments.
*TONTO*