View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 04:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Ok I swapped stick cylinder out and used the one I had for the failed dump project. No way was I going to hold that from extending or retracting by hand. And when valve centered I couldn't move it. So thanks for the input guys, I am pretty sure it's not the valve. No on to next thing, maybe I had used the wrong piston to start with. I know I made a few to try and dial in the right size. Not like I could find directions on what diameter piston to make . It's not much but if it's off a few hundredths it may be just what's going on. Not sealing against cylinder inner wall or piston groove. Might even make a double ring piston this time if I have room. I doubt that I would have honed the cylinder too much. Kind of funny thing as I remember adding a couple washers to the end of piston to act as a stop so stick arm didn't bottom out on boom. And was supposta make new one to eliminate washers. Well I am now. Tear apart cylinder again and have to get the calipers out and check what size piston I have in there. I do believe I wrote down dimensions on the is project. Never wrote anything down (that wasn't on dry erase board) when I built dozer, regret that .