View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 08:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

I got the trailer rx/tx working and fail safes set so I was onto the dumptruck to change out turnigy radio gear to my frsky. Trying to streamline things with really only having two radios. Instead of unhooking everything I figured I would just work on one at a time. When it came time for the axle locking servo I didn't realize it was under stress and was playing with settings trying to get it on the switch I wanted. Smelled something, yup that unforgettable magic smoke smell. Next thing is see is the magic smoke!! That darn little servo was cooking!! Really cooked it melted casting, and was smoking pretty good for a micro servo. Before I could disconnect things I burnt both bec's on the motor esc and dump bed esc!! Don't need the dump esc to have a bec anyway. But had another hk $10 esc so had to get solder stuff out and redo what I had to. Took all the linkages off things on the second go and now I only have to get the three axle locker cables set for servo throw and should be done with dumper. (Few little things, mud flaps,,,). Moral of story, unhook linkages, ect when installing new stuff . I knew that just didn't do it!! Also moved the gas tanks back about 1/4" because fron tires would rub when turned whole way. But have everything set with fail safes (model match) so switching from one to another is just staying put in the lounge chair (again with beverage holder for those weekends down working at river with cold beer!!)

And these are the extral springs tempered installed in the Aeromax hauler.