View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 12:40 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

Just short of 3500ac, although this yr I decided to chem fallow 300ac b/c one particular field I had a lot trouble harvesting last Fall. Heavy crop of winter wheat, too much rain on it, a lot of it twisted up & went down, made it difficult to cut, it's just a woven mat of straw this Spring that would be difficult to get the airdrill through without making a big mess. I have a couple of thousand ac of tame & native grass pastures too that I rent out now that I don't have cows anymore. Part of the agreement I have with renters is I maintain all the barbed wire fence, about 20 miles worth... which is what I'm doing now being done with spring planting. Renters will be putting their cows in June 1st.

So late this afternoon I took some time to put the Lil Giants to work, the 450 digging a hole so its big brother could come out & play too. I need the hole so I can get the boom low enough to clear the window opening.

Loading the B50 to stockpile closer to lean-to...

...then reloading the GL & pup to distribute the dirt along the east side of the lean-to.

A great way to kill the last 4hrs of the day.

Joe