View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: how many guys actually drive truck on here?

I feel the owner operator path is pretty much the last way to earn a living and experience freedom. Its the closest you get to being loke a cowboy on his horse just roaming. You see things most people only see on tv or in magazines, you meet people that are unimaginable both for the good m bad. N you decide you really loke a city and want to spend an extra day or two to roam around and enjoy the area/city you can. My wife loved the life when i introduced it to her, she was home sock at forst for the first two weeks away from home...but after that we got home and she immediately wanted to go back out on the road. Its something perfect for a wonderer of a free spirited kinda person who wants to experience this great country we call home. Especially of you dont have a family. Now that i have a wife and a child, i would do the otr or long distance stuff. A night or two away is fine but not three weeks. I dod land a new part time gig now driving for a massive local food company called wakefern/ shoprite driving forba owner operator who is part of there owner operator union creq called food haulers inc. These owner operators all have gorgeously cuatom trucks mostly Petes n kenworths and theyre annual salary varies between $250k-$300k a year. Its the holy grail pf trucking jobs in the tristate area of guys that haul reefers or dryvans. Im only doing one night a week as of now and the money i make and take home as a driver one night a week is equivalent to one weeks salary at my township mechanic job basically. Now im hoping to make it my full time gig and get hired and offered a very prized and coveted slot as an owner operator / food hauler contractor. These guys work 12+ hours a day 6-7 days aweek but they make the money to make it worth while.