View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 05:19 PM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Magom Brushless Pump

My first impression is that the motor got too much rpm, and is noisy...Just tested the THS 480 Volvo, and Premacon machines on a fair last weekend, and they use the same Jung pump, but they did run very silent compared to this one..It should be possible to adjust down the rpm on the radio..
Another thing, I don't like the tank solution that Magom has come up with...I can see the idea with a compact tank, but it will lead to operation problems with such a small tank combined with a big pump like this one. I will estimated the tank size to roughly like 50 ccm, and Premacon uses a tank of 500 ccm, like x10 bigger (!). A big tank/much oil will let the oil cool more than a small tank, and one has a less problems with foaming oil / air bubbles (no good). Oil can foam when there are to much oil in the system, and things are getting too hot. It is strange as you point out, that the line explodes first when you are starting moving a valve...When a cylinder is retracted, there are more volume of oil flowing back to the tank, than is drawn out of the tank (less cylinder volume on the rod side) But if the tank is normally 1/2 filled, there should be enough space to deal with this additional oil getting into the tank (?) Well, I don't now exactly...somehow there is a sudden pressure build-up in the tank, that leads to the line bursting. Anyway, I would remove that tank and install a bigger one, like from the 4200xl.

Last edited by Rimrock; 11-04-2015 at 05:37 PM.