View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 10:35 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1/16 Bucyrus-Monighan Walking Dragline

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
steve-I look at the discussion thread every few days to see what is going on. I meant was there anything new with the dragline. After reading that your machine had spent a long time in the trailer I am guessing you are very busy. And yes, I had always hoped to make a trip to that show but now I doubt it will happen.
The machine fared well in the trailer Tom. There is a bunch of surface rust from Labor Day because I forgot to spay her down with some WD40.

I got the incoming power supply wired up pretty well this week. Now I can shut off the power from the operators seat. I don't have the time to wire the radio up better. I want to use the auxiliary switches on the radio and wire them to the switches on the console to set the parking breaks on the 3 functions . I want to try to take all of the guts out of the DX7 and mount them to a board so it is easier to work on the wiring. I plan on having a flip down access panel on the bottom of the right hand console. That way I can make adjustments to the radio easier. Right now as you can see the radio just hangs inside the console with wires hanging out.