View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 04:40 PM

dozerbuilder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Russian ChTz T-800 1/16th scale Bulldozer model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther F View Post
I watched a few of the videos (very envious btw) as this looks and sounds so real you now need a figure to top it off.

The walk around video looked as if you were actually walking around the full-scale vehicle the way you handled the camera... so kudos to you for that.

I really like it as I build 1/16 military/armor vehicles so it has my interest!

Jeff
Jeff,

The Russian Company (CHTZ-Uraltrac, also known as 4T3 )http://chtz-uraltrac.ru/ has manufactured in excess of 1.2 million crawler tractors. They began building Cat 60's under licence. The same Architect who designed the Ford auto factories of Detroit with moving assembly lines, Albert Khan, also designed the 4T3 factory in Russia. As a military enthusiast, you may be interested to know 4T3 is the same company that manufactures all their military tanks, from the T-34 to present day T-90.

The T-800 as a crawler tractor is essentially is a hybrid and has a tank-type hull, main frame and torsion bar /swing arm suspension like a T-34 though much more heavily built. That's why this heavy dozer can run at 14kph, the front idlers and rear sprockets carry no weight, the whole thing at 106 tons is riding only on the bottom rollers carried by a massive suspension arrangement comprising few moving parts, drop arms and torsion bars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rolling-WIP.jpg (90.9 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg rolling-45-WIP.jpg (58.1 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by dozerbuilder; 03-09-2016 at 04:59 PM. Reason: cant see images?