View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 01:39 AM

KWAddict is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My first Semi build, KW W900L

That is incredible. My fiancé and I are getting married in October and then most likely headed over the road. I've been a local guy for 5 years now. I've always been able to make great money hauling for the coal mines or casing for the oil & gas industry and never had to go over the road to support myself. That has changed haha. About the only gig I can find where I'm at now is hauling lumber and it's barely paying the bills. We're going to go over the road together (not as team, her just riding) and then cut out paying rent, utilities, etc. JCT seems to have a great LP program where guys are still making good settlements at the end of the week after the truck insurance payments.

This build gives me hope that this may be something I could pursue while being OTR! I'm just very scared of things being easily misplaced in all the little nooks of the truck haha. I also hope my (then) wife doesn't move pieces around on me while cleaning lol.

So I'm completely new to all this. Literally 0 experience in the RC world. At the same time, I'm pretty mechanically inclined and catch on quick. So if you don't mind me asking, if I were going to attempt to do something "custom" (like a KW W9 Studio Sleeper look like this) would you order a kit and use what you could from it or start by ordering stock frame rails, then order suspension, and so on? Start from the ground and go in little sub sections? What would you recommend?

This is an incredible build. I am very jealous. Maybe once I hit the big road, we'll cross paths one day!