View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 11:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Hard to appreciate its size just from pictures... maybe someday I see it person.

Looks like it gets around with plenty of power to spare.

What's the hyd pressure set at to dump the load?
Anytime you are south, and east,,, your always welcome joe,, power, yes plenty, she will go up more than 30 percent incline. I haven't tested fully loaded but for what she is designed for around a 10-15 percent grade that doesn't pose any problems. I may even change some of the gearing in the 4:1,4:1,3:1 tranny. May switch to three 3:1 plantary. Just off top of my head I think the total reduction is 144:1, I may drop it to 81:1 or 108:1. They are my options that can easily be done by just swiping carrier , planet and sun gears

I think the pressure is still around 100 psi, haven't messed with any of that yet. I did notice in the grass when fully loaded sometimes the steering cylinders would stall when vehicle was stopped. But hey it's never good to be trying to crank the wheels unless you are moving. So that really isn't any problem. And lifting is no problem even at that pressure!! Guess that big 3/4" boar really does pack more punch!!

Thanks mikem!!!