View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 07:09 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bruder Delta loader conversion

I like it, but driver visibility doesn't look good.

After you figure out component layouts, it really helps to shorten up wire runs and plan where your connectors fit best.

Preferably you can resolder the wires at the pads on the board. If that's not possible splicing mid-run works ok. i like to find a straight section in the routing so splice isn't bent, lay the wires parallel inline with about 1/4" overlap, solder, heatshrink. An 'Inline' splice takes up less room than a 'Deadend' splice.

It also helps to swap to thinner wires on to the low amp draw parts. We aren't racing, or even really stressing most parts very hard. You can cram much more 22g wire than 16g into a tight area, and it's more flexible.

When pretty wire routing isn't possible or you need slack for moving or disconnecting, a spring is better than a wad. Wrap wires tightly around a pencil / paint brush or something, hopefully it takes a set as a spring.

If just it's a pair of single wires like up to a light, twist them together. Neat, organized, stronger, less likely to get caught somewhere.

Last edited by frizzen; 12-09-2020 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Kant speel