View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 11:43 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Smile First Semi Build And It's Going To Be A Worker

Like the title says; this is my first Tamiya semi build and it's only the beginning. I can see many more of these trucks in the future but this will always be my first pride and joy.

To start this project off I picked it up from Scalerlover complete minus tranny and a few parts bags that had already been installed. Anyways it's in all stock form so far but is long from being complete.

My first idea for this truck was a daycab dump truck with a snow plow for the front. Then I got to thinking custom show truck. Although that may be nice, I can't stand shelf queens so this one is definitely going to be a workaholic. I have an rc4wd r2 tranny for it and will be mounting it this week along with hopefully finding a d35 for the front axle.

The first thing I did to the truck was remove the fuel tanks to see if I wanted to stretch it and I'm still debating. I then decided that if it's going to be hauling heavy loads it is a requirement to have air bags of course. So without further ado I leave you with a few pics of my progress from this evening. Lemme know what you guys think and opinions on where it should go. :nice:

Thanks for looking,

~Tyler~

Last edited by rockNmayhem; 04-18-2011 at 12:48 AM.