View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hydraulic Motor Temperature

Hey Lil Giants,
I'm not a hydraulic engineer, but the spool design makes a big difference in how a valve perform's. The relief valve shouldn't be used to unload the pump in the first place. They could just build a real "open center" valve, solve the problem. Yes I know it's more work to build an open center valve. What's my point, The German's half A$$ed there design! And Yes I base my experience from the 1:1 side, and have alot to learn on the rc side of the fence. Reinvent the wheel, not quite, Just use some of the full size trick's, that I've been learning from Brendan Casey, and down size them. I'm sure we have enough machinist's on this forum to beat the German's at there own game!!!!!!!
With time and money, I want to play with the cnc stuff too!!

P.S. that Hitachi run's smoother than my full size Cat 305CCR!

Hey pug's, the simplest idea, I've had so far is reed switch's and magnet's glued to the servo horn's, for a controller. Not perfect but very simple, kinda like the electric forklift's that start the hydraulic pump after the lever has moved slightly. Each lever has a micro switch attached to it, for pump control. I'll put my soap box back in the dungen. Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug

Last edited by doodlebug; 03-06-2011 at 06:08 AM.