Thread: DIY Hyd Pump
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: DIY Hyd Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post

Personally, every hyd system I do in the future, the pumpdrive motor will be governed with an esc and that'll do alot to control unnecessary heat issues of oil flow running when it doesn't need to or atleast not as fast.
Or you could put an oil cooler on it like the 1:1 for less money than a speed controller and not need the extra ch as well. In what machine would you need to stop the oil flow if the pump is not needed then the model is probly sitting still so why not just put it on a battle switch. With a dozer or a track loader I can see shutting the pump off while tracking the model to a different place to work but if the model is working such as leveling or digging dirt then you are constantly on the hyds so you shouldn't need to shut them down. If you are mixing the esc to other functions then isn't there a lag time between stick movement and actual movement if not that would mean the esc goes to full throttle as soon as it sees movement in the mixed stick so wouldn't a battle switch mixed the same way do the same thing. I know our bigger CAT excavators do this with an on demand pump but they have a lag time to them but they are also smother to operate a little less jerky. I guess I need to see one work close up not sure of the benefit of an esc over a simple battle switch.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11